10 : Ruined

"You?" Shravani's voice quivered as she saw Dakshit, realizing he was the one they had chosen for her, a blush spreading across her cheeks

"Yes, it's me," Dakshit replied gently, noticing her discomfort as she avoided eye contact.

"Do you know each other?" Nandani asked, noticing the tension.

Shravani shook her head slightly, and Dakshit said softly, "Yes, we do," making her glance at him briefly.

Nandani frowned, sensing the emotions in the room.

"What's the story?" Avinash's curiosity broke the silence. Everyone's attention shifted to the young couple, who appeared at a loss for words. The Chowdhury family was represented only by Dakshit and his parents.

"We've only crossed paths at the cafe once, nothing more. We don't know each other properly yet," Dakshit explained, and Shravani let out a small sigh.

Kanika nodded slightly, then resumed discussing Avinash's upcoming wedding with the Chowdhury family. The two of them chose to remain quiet, unsure of how to start a meaningful conversation.

The elders' discussion transitioned from Avinash's wedding to the company's upcoming golden jubilee celebration.

Both families seemed content as they turned their attention to the young couple.

"Shravani?" Kanika spoke softly.

"Yes, badi maa?" Shravani replied.

"Why don't you give him a tour of the house and chat if you feel overwhelmed here?" she suggested, smiling warmly.

"I..." Shravani started to respond, but Nandani interjected, "Yes, that's a wonderful idea. Go ahead, dear."

Shravani could only smile and nod in agreement, following Kanika's suggestion obediently. It wasn't that she disliked the idea, but she felt a bit nervous around.

As Shravani and Dakshit strolled towards the garden, circling the water fountain, she pointed out different areas.

"This is quite unexpected, isn't it?" Dakshit spoke up, sensing the tension.

"Yep, I had no idea it would be you," Shravani replied, forcing a small smile.

"Are you alright with all of this, Shravani?" Dakshit's voice was surprisingly comforting, making her wish she could hear her name from him more often.

"To be honest, I wasn't thrilled about everything happening so soon. But if my family thinks it's best, then maybe it's for the better," she admitted.

"So, haan maanu aapki taraf se?" he teases to which she doesn't say anything but blush and walk back to the living room in a hurry out of shyness.

[So, do I have your approval then?]

"Already back?" Kanika remarked as Shravani and Dakshit returned to the lobby.