13 : Blocked

"Call me if you need anything," Yash bhaiya said, glancing at me and Ishika as we settled into her car

I nodded. "Jii."

[Yes.]

The doors closed, and the car moved forward, causing me to sink back into my seat with a sigh. Everything happened so quickly, leaving me struggling to process it all.

I found myself staring at the person I despised the most, standing before me without a hint of shame. It was as if he hadn't torn my life apart, shattered my heart, and crushed my faith.

Why was he here, disrupting the fragile peace I had finally found? Just when I thought I was moving forward and finding some happiness, why did he have to reappear?

An unexpected surge of rage gripped me, a stark contrast to the pain, regret, sorrow, and fear I usually had for that person.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, clouding my vision, but I willed them to stay back.

"Explain before I unleash my wrath," Ishika's voice cut in beside me, prompting me to furrow my brows in confusion.

"Explain what?" I questioned.

"Oh dear, jethani ji," she remarked, nudging my shoulder and causing me to gasp as her words sank in.

"There's nothing between us!" I asserted firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Then what about yesterday?" she quipped, raising a brow with a smirk.

"He might just be a friend," I trailed off.

Her eyes narrowed. "Might be!?"

Exhaling in defeat, I admitted, "Yuvraj claims he likes me, but I don't feel the same way."

"Adii, I can clearly see how unsure you are about him," she teased.

"I'm scared, Ishu. I don't want to deal with love drama again. I fear I'll never find genuine love," I confessed, and she squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"I don't want to meddle, but from what I've observed, he seems like a genuinely good person. And last night, I saw something in his eyes, something for you. The way he looks at you isn't just attachment; it's pure admiration and love," she said earnestly.

"Let's hope for the best in the future. Your comfort matters, Advika," she said, finishing with a playful hug. She settled back into her seat and focused on her phone, prompting me to do the same.

My teammates were already en route to the Singhanias' hometown. Hardik Singhania was my father's maternal cousin, evident from our different surnames.

On the other hand, Meera Chauhan was my mother's biological sister who married Hardik.

Aradhna Bua, Hardik's biological sister, held significance in all the functions, but I planned to avoid her as much as possible.

After what felt like hours, the car finally stopped at Ishika's suggestion to have tea at a nearby stall, despite us being close to the hometown.