Prologue

Thud...

Even though darkness was engulfing him, he tried to open his eyes and turned this way and that, trying to make sense of where he was. He rubbed his head as he felt a lump form in the side of it. He hissed, closing his eyes, as pain started to shoot from his shoulder.

But he did not care.

He did not care about himself at all.

He turned this way and that once more. He ran to the front even though it was empty. He did not even feel what he was running on. He did not feel the ground beneath his feet. It was as though he was running in midair. But he was sure that there was not even a breath of air around him. All he knew was that there was nothingness around him. He was surrounded by emptiness from the sides. It was pitch black in front of him. He was not even able to see his fingers when he opened his palm in front.

"Hello..."

Echoes of his own voice did not resonate back at him. The ghostly echo of his greeting went far and died down. He rubbed his forehead tightly. He did not know where he was.

Where was he?

Pain...

That was all he felt.

As hot tears of the feeling of being lost started to make his sides suffocate in a painful way, he felt as though he had lost her. He knew that he was stuck in a place where he did not have any form of escape from. He was lost in a world of his own. He could not see what was in front of him. His eyes were just seeing the pitch black darkness around him. There was a pin drop silence echoing loudly inside his ears. His insides felt squirming, and his chest felt tightened around him.

Thousands of nameless emotions flickered inside his mind. He did not know where he was. More importantly, he did not know where she was. As memories of the previous events of the evening refreshed his memory once more, he felt his heart shatter in pain. He felt as though his thoughts alone would burn him alive. He did not know how, he did not want to know how. But feelings of regret and loneliness and the pain of losing the person who was the most important to him, made his eyes feel hot behind his eyelids.

He gripped his fist into a tight ball and bit his lips as he closed his eyes tight. He knew he was lost. Lost in the darkness.

Forever...

He did not know what to do. He did not know what had happened to her. He did not know when he would be able to get out of his own fate where he was a prisoner. He did not know what had happened to the girl whom he had loved more than the whole of his heart. He did not know where to escape from his cruel fate. He did not know what to do. He did not know what to say. He did not know what to listen to. He did not know how to escape from where he was. He did not even know what to think. He did not know what he was feeling. He did not even know whether he was still alive or whether all of this was just happening inside his head.