Epilogue

Mabel was staring absentmindedly out of her room window. She was sitting on the round windowsill, which overlooked the beautiful rose garden below their room. It had been years since she had gotten married to Juvenal, but for her it still felt as though she was living in a dream. She was not able to believe that her favorite fictional character had come to life and that he actually existed. For her, it was as though her dream had come true. Though many years had passed by, and times have changed since the day they had come into his world, the love between the two of them had never changed. Just as he had promised her that he would love her a little more every day, he had kept his promise, and she had been the happiest when she had been with him.

There had been problems in their lives as well. He was a King and there were many problems that he had to deal with every day. But none of those problems had come between the two of them. He had gone to face wars in foreign lands, and she had been in fear until he had returned back to her safely, but yet, she had been waiting for him with undying love for him in her heart.

As memories of their first meeting and everything that had happened between the two of them started to unfold like a movie in front of her eyes, Mabel closed her eyes and smiled alone.

"What's my blue rose thinking about?"

Mabel blinked, and closed her eyes and smiled as she suddenly felt a pair of familiar and protective strong arms around her, hugging her from behind. Chuckling softly, Mabel hugged Juvenal's arms with one hand and ruffled his hair, as he leaned his chin over her shoulder and closed his eyes.

"What are you thinking about, princess?" he asked, turning towards her, and pressing his lips to her cheek. Mabel blushed. Though it had been years since she had met him, she had not been able to stop the giddy feeling that she felt whenever she was with him.

"Hmm..." she faltered. "Nothing." She said after some time.

"Nothing?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise. Mabel nodded.

Juvenal chuckled. He remembered the letter she had left for him a couple of weeks ago in his study, and he smiled closing his eyes as he remembered her words from the letter.

Falling in love with you was the best decision I have ever made. You made me a better person and you are the reason that I smile every day. You have been there with me through the toughest times of my life, and I did not know how much I actually needed you, until I met you. From the first day itself I saw you, I felt as though we were fated to be met. When I saw your smile, I healed. Your smile healed the broken parts of me. When I spent time with you, I realized that I was crazily in love with you, and I fell in love with you before I even knew that you existed.

You always ask me whether I am happy. Yes, my handsome prince, I am happy. Do you know how I know that? When I look into your eyes and see my reflection in them, I look the happiest. So, I know that I am euphoric. You are the cause of my euphoria. I always wanted to see the world through your eyes. But when I look into yours, I see myself, and I look the happiest in your starry eyes. I am a star in your eyes, but you are the whole of the galaxy in mine. And if I were to write my love for you in the stars, there would not be enough stars in this small galaxy.

I don't know whether it is possible for a person to love someone as much as I love you, but I know that I will never be able to live without you. After I have come with you, you have always been there with me whenever I started to miss my dad. You have taken care of me in the best possible way, and I cannot hope for a better person to spend my entire life with. My darling prince, I will never ever not love you and the day I will stop loving you would be the day that I spent my last breath. But then too, I promise that I will find you in my next lifetime and fall in love with you... again.

Every time I see your starry eyes, I fall in love with you. Every time you smile, my heart skips a beat. You are my sunshine and my happiness. My story starts and ends with you. You are the 'nothing' when someone asks what I am thinking about, because I am always thinking about you. You are my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night. Yet you are the only person I see in my dreams as well.

Though sometimes you may go far away from me in various businesses, you are the closest person to my heart. I thank my lucky stars every day for making me meet you. I will eternally be grateful for you, for the love you have given me.

I would rewrite the stars for you...

My love for you is eternal, my handsome prince...

She had written. Though he might be the King, he was yet her prince and the prince of her heart. Smiling, Juvenal tightened his hold around her. His heart felt at ease whenever he was with her. He knew that what she had written were the exact same words that he wanted to say for her.

As love for her bloomed more in his heart, and he promised himself for the umpteenth time that he would find her in every universe, in all of his lifetime, he leaned his back onto the window sill, while Mabel leaned back and placed her head on his chest. He hugged her tighter and rubbed her arms up and down. He gently placed a kiss on her hair and pressed his cheek onto the top of her head. He sighed thinking that he could be sitting there forever, as long as she was there with him. Closing his eyes, he softly whispered his love for her to her ears.

"I think my ever after just came true..."