Chapter 12

As the first snow of the season started to fall over them, showering them with the golden light, he looked down at the girl who was slowly opening her eyes to look up at him. He pulled his lips inside his mouth as he realized that his stomach was doing somersaults, as he looked at her hugging the bouquet of blue roses closer to her chest with both of her hands, he knew that she would be the death of him. As love blossomed in his heart again, he looked at her when she slowly opened her eyes, and he felt his heart skip a beat.

Her eyes...

Her eyes were like a star strewn night ocean. It was the most beautiful shade of dark blue he had ever seen, and her irises were like the reflection of the stars of the sky which had fallen on the calm night ocean.

He gulped. He had not yet been able to get away from the fact that he had finally found his soulmate at last. After waiting for a very long time, he finally had her safely between his arms and he knew that he never wanted to let go of her once again. He had been stupid once, but he would not make the same mistake.

Her beautiful long blue eyes looked more beautiful in that golden evening, as he stared at them for the first time after nearly two centuries. Just like in the first time he had met her, he knew that he would marry her again, even if he had to fight against the whole world to make his wish come true. As their eyes finally met once more, his breath stuck in his throat when he realized that her eyes were more beautiful than they had once been, when he had stared at them through the lines of his book.

He could hold her in his arms forever. She was still as light as a feather and he had to contain himself before his emotions took over and he pulled her closer towards his chest, never wanting to let go of her.

After a fraction of a second which felt like an eternity, both very short and very long at the same time, Mabel finally blinked from getting lost in those star strewn eyes. She blinked fast and gulped. The man who was holding her was staring open mouthed at her, and Mabel gently tried to push him back. He shook his head once, as though he was trying to get over the momentary loss of sanity, and he helped her straighten up. He gently held her arms as she planted both of her feet on the ground and did not yet let them go as she finally stood in front of him.

Mabel forgot to let go of the breath she took in. As she stood, barely reaching the height of his chin, Mabel felt her cheeks redden as she raised her head up. He was leaning down towards her, and her eyes tried to take in the full view of his face. While she had been lost staring into his starry eyes, she had missed seeing how he actually looked. His round face had the smoothest but the fairest of skins she had ever seen. Dark black hair had fallen halfway over his starry eyes. His hair was longer than she had imagined it to be, and it reached the nape of the collar of his – what was he wearing?

Mabel's jaw dropped as her eyes roamed quickly over his body. He had a blood red cloak draped to the side of his back from his right shoulder over his black jacket. There was metal armor on his shoulders and when she looked at his jacket and his trousers, she could guess that they were made with very expensive material. Her eyebrow created a perfect arc over her forehead as her eyes flipped over the red stains on his arm. A blood stained sword was hanging on his leather belt with its scabbard and biting her lips, Mabel looked up at his face. A painful gash which had missed her eyes before was staring at her from the side of his cheek. An involuntary hiss escaped through her lips, and she stopped herself before she could reach over to touch and feel it. His sharp nose and the sharper jawline made Mabel gulp. She tried to pull herself together as she saw his thin red lips pull up in the corner, as though he knew what she was feeling. Biting her lips as she realized for the first time that she was staring at a boy (she did not want to think of him as a man anymore, for she knew that he might not have been more than two years older than him), as though she was looking at a boy for the first time in her life.