T W E L V E

As the tension in the temple of Maat continued to build, Horus and Seth each stood with one win and one loss, with the deciding match yet to come. With much at stake, the temple was filled with anticipation as the third match was about to begin.

[Name], like usual, was seated between Ra and Thoth, although her usual arrangement was to be beside Thoth as he sat in the middle. As the third match was about to begin, she shot a glare at Ra who was sitting next to her. Ra simply chuckled in response and winked at her, seemingly unfazed by [Name]'s hostility.

"I shall now choose the final event," Maat announced, grabbing the scroll from the vase and beginning to read its contents. The entire temple seemed to hold its breath as Maat read the words on the scroll. "The third match will be..." Maat paused for a moment, her eyes locking with Ra, who was smirking at her. "Hunting," Maat continued, sending a wave of murmurs and whispers throughout the temple.

Amid the commotion, an unidentified god spoke up in a loud voice, sounding shocked. "Did she just say Hunting?" The other gods in ENNEAD began to murmur and whisper amongst themselves as the news of the upcoming third match spread throughout the temple. A second, yet unnamed god, added, "Hunting against an opponent like Seth? That's completely unfair!" The murmurs quickly turned into a murmur of disapproval amongst numerous gods in the temple, with the majority questioning Maat's choice of event.

As the murmurs grew louder, Ra began to cough as Hathor spoke up, "Hunting? Isn't this too much of an advantage for Seth, who is known for his love in hunting animals? Who was the one responsible for adding such an unfair event into the pool?" Ra's expression showed no sign of remorse as she avoided Hathor's judgmental stare.

Tefnut, a lion goddess, groaned in annoyance at the thought of hunting. "Hunting? How barbaric," she mumbled under her breath, while Shu looked at her in confusion.

The commotion didn't stop there as Bastet, known for her passion for animal welfare, stood up abruptly and spoke defiantly, making the entire temple quiet down, including Ra. "HUNTING?! NOT AGAIN! WHAT HAVE ANIMALS EVER DONE TO DESERVE THIS? LET'S HUNT HUMANS INSTEAD! THERE ARE ONLY SCUMBAGS LEFT ANYWAY!" Bastet's outburst seemed to anger the majority of the gods, but [Name]'s eyes couldn't help but twitch in annoyance as she looked at her with a soft smile, but her eyes were filled with hatred.

Amid the debate over the third match's event, a few gods spoke up in frustration and confusion. Hathor, looking disappointed and concerned, turned to Bastet and questioned her suggestion of hunting animals. "That will just make us no better than Seth!" she exclaimed. "What about hippos or crocodiles? There's an influx of them here."

Bastet crossed her arms and went back to her seat, seemingly unaffected by Hathor's words. However, other god's voices filled the temple as they started offering their ideas. A god shouted sarcastically, "Hah! I'm sure Sebek would be thrilled!"

Shu spoke up, attempting to calm the crowd down. "Then how about we keep it classic and have them hunt birds? Birds fly in the sky, so the sand would become less of a factor," he suggested.

Thoth grew visibly upset and exclaimed, "Excuse me?" he is known to be not only a god of wisdom but also the ibis god. "You can't be serious about them hunting birds."

Amid the debate, Thoth, the Ibis god, spoke up with a voice laced with passion and anger. "BIRDS ARE SACRED MESSENGERS that connect the earth and the sky! How dare you propose we hunt such noble creatures? It's an appalling thought!" Thoth's voice echoed throughout the temple, adding to the chaos and tension that was already building up.

All eyes turned to Shu, who was now at the center of the debate. He looked taken aback by the sudden attention and spoke in a softer tone, "It was just a suggestion, I did not mean any disrespect."