Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Part 11

The screen changed to show Harry waking up. Hermione was sitting on his feet, flicking through the essay he had copied. "It's not, bad, could use more work -"

"Of course I wake up to you talking about homework, Hermione," Harry laughed, and Hermione grinned at him.

"Breakfast is served," she pointed to a bowl of porridge on the table next to his bed. Harry began spooning it into his mouth as Hermione continued looking over her notes. "Madam Pomfrey told me we can leave once you've eaten, and threatened me with bodily harm if I wrote anything before lunch."

Remus sighed. "I remember that."

Harry choked on his porridge. "Is that legal?"

"Apparently she had a student in the 70s who would do his homework on his death bed, and she had to confiscate his books every time he ended up in the Hospital Wing, which was at least once a month," Hermione laughed.

Lily, Marlene, James and Sirius all turned to look pointedly at Remus, who avoided eye contact.

Harry grinned, wiping his chin. "Sounds like you two would get along."

Hermione shot a spell, and Harry flinched, expecting it to be a curse, and was surprised to see his clothes had turned to a plain black shirt with jeans. Hermione was already changed into a red shirt and dark grey jeans.

The two hurried back to Gryffindor Tower, but Seamus told them Halley and Ron had disappeared after breakfast.

"They probably went to check on the potion," Hermione whispered to Harry, leading him out of the tower. "Halley and I started it before the match yesterday, we forgot to mention it."

The two made their way to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. "It's just us," Hermione called, shutting the door behind her.

Ron emerged from a stall. "How's your arm?" he asked Hermione, who wiggled it around.

"Almost good as new, but I've been banned from doing homework for a few more hours at least," Hermione pouted.

"Of course that's what you focus on.

Halley laughed. "Come on, I need my potions master - mistress," she corrected, dragging Hermione over to the cauldron.

An old cauldron was perched on the toilet, and a crackling from under the rim told hinted they had lit a fire beneath it. Conjuring up portable, waterproof fires was a specialty of Hermione's.

"Everything's a specialty of Hermione Granger's," Maliana rolled her eyes.

"We'd've come to meet you, but Halley said Hermione would've insisted we leave to check on the potion immediately after ," Ron explained as Harry, with difficulty, locked the stall again.

Harry started to tell them about Colin, but Halley interrupted. „We already know—we heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning."

„The sooner we get a confession out of Malfoy, the better," snarled Ron. „D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin."

"He's always in a foul mood - his sister was petrified!" Blaise defended.

„There's something else," said Harry. "Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night."