Part 17 of the Chamber of Secrets

A/N - Totally didn't forget about this chapter. Triple update!

He was standing at the end of a very long, dimly lit chamber.

"Of course he was, how typical," Sirius said bluntly.

Towering stone pillars entwined with more carved serpents rose to support a ceiling lost in darkness, casting long, black shadows through the odd, greenish gloom that filled the place.

"And of course there were snakes," Sirius sighed

"Shut up Sirius, it's a brilliant piece of architecture," Remus said

His heart beating very fast, Harry stood listening to the chill silence. He pulled out his wand and moved forward between the serpentine columns. Every careful footstep echoed loudly off the shadowy walls. He kept his eyes narrowed. The hollow eye sockets of the stone snakes seemed to be following him. Then, as he drew level with the last pair of pillars, a statue high as the Chamber itself loomed into view, standing against the back wall.

"You're too young for this. It isn't right," James croaked.

Harry had to crane his neck to look up into the giant face above: It was ancient and monkey-like , with a long, thin beard that fell almost to the bottom of the wizard's sweeping stone robes, where two enormous gray feet stood on the smooth Chamber floor. And between the feet, facedown, lay a small, black-robed figure with flaming-red hair.

Ginny was sobbing into Lily and Luna now, both girls hugging her tightly. The Weasleys were pale and on the verge of tears themselves.

„Ginny!" Harry muttered, sprinting to her and dropping to his knees. „Ginny— don't be dead—please don't be dead—" He flung his wand aside, grabbed Ginny's shoulders, and turned her over. Her face was white as marble, and her eyes were closed

"Oh Merlin," Molly sobbed. All the Weasleys were crying now, and the twins had moved to Ginny defensively.

Moody growled lightly about Harry flinging his wand away.

"It's ok," Luna whispered.

Hermione hurried over and dug a calming draught from her bag. "Do you need a calming draught?" she asked softly.

Ginny nodded, still shaking, and Hermione helped her drink it. The red-haired girl shuddered, tucking herself into a ball.

Lucius winced. The girl was clearly traumatized by her experience. He shifted, feeling regretful of his behavior. Narcissa glared at him, her message coming across perfectly: Look what you've done.

„Ginny, please wake up," Harry muttered desperately, shaking her. Ginny's head lolled hopelessly from side to side.

„She won't wake," said a soft voice.

Harry jumped and spun around on his knees. A tall, black-haired boy was leaning against the nearest pillar, watching. He was strangely blurred around the edges, as though Harry were looking at him through a misted window. But there was no mistaking him.

"That's creepy," Tonks cursed.

"Why is he blurry? Is there something wrong with the screen?" Kingsley asked.

"No, that is how I remember him," Harry shook his head.

„Tom—Tom Riddle?" Riddle nodded, not taking his eyes off Harry's face.