Chapter Nineteen

'I saw him dancin' there by the record machine, I knew he musta been about seventeen...'

You danced around the empty bar as you cleaned the tables, putting the chairs up and wiping down the booths before sweeping as you listened to the song that became special to you since James, and you smiled to yourself the whole time. It had been another late Friday night and you sent Leo and Carl home because they were exhausted and you were still buzzing, so you told them you'd do the cleanup.

'And I could tell it wouldn't be long till he was with me, yeah, me...'

The whole week consisted of working shifts, spending your days off with James at his to finish up the apartment's makeover and enjoying late night takeaway whenever Alex was back in the city so you guys could catch up. It was a fast-moving week, and you were meeting Bucky for one of his therapy sessions at nine at their office in only about five hours from now.

So, you decided to crash on your couch since you were too tired to shower or even make it to your bed after brushing your teeth and removing your makeup when you got back and set your alarm for a few hours so you could properly clean up before you headed over to meet him.

You were unsure why his therapist truly wanted to meet you, but you heard that Sam joined him once and it got heated, so it could be fun.

You groaned loudly when the alarm on your phone went off and you reached over blindly to shut it off with practice before you got up with effort, barely opening your eyes as you trudged off to the bathroom. You hopped in the shower and let the water help wake up your bones before you washed up, brushed your teeth, and then changed into a high-waisted plaid skirt with braces and a tucked in white long-sleeved shirt. You did your hair and face before you added some gold jewelry and slipped on some black ankle boots. You knew you'd be going from the session back to work again after maybe the two of you grabbed some lunch, so you made sure you had everything you needed.

He was waiting outside the very official, government looking building, leaning against the wall with his hands stuffed in his leather jacket pockets. He looked angry and you hesitated, but then he tilted his head up, his eyes meeting yours, and he broke out into a grin, taking his hands out of his pockets as he walked up to meet you halfway.

"Hi, baby." You greeted him before kissing his lips.

"Hey, sweetheart, thanks for coming with me." He brushed some hair off your face and cupped your cheek in his gloved hand, scrunching up his face with a smile when you went on your tip toes to kiss his nose.

It was disgustingly cute to anyone walking by, but he made you this way sometimes.

The two of you headed inside, but when he let go of your hand to put his arm around your waist a bit possessively when people started eyeing you both, you didn't question it. You knew this was different territory and you wanted to do whatever made him comfortable, so you just followed his lead.

You weren't late, but the therapist was very punctual and let you both in right away after introducing herself.

He gestured for you to sit down on the couch, and he sat nearby, his thigh against yours, almost leaning on you a little as he spread his thighs. He sat back, so you did the same as you let your eyes travel up his legs while you crossed yours, and then you cleared your throat, ripping your eyes away right before you reached his crotch to meet the doctor's when you figured she'd catch on soon. She did. She cocked an eyebrow towards you, but you just sent her a smile, thankful Bucky didn't notice.

"Thank you both for coming," She started after the quick introductions and you grinned, "Sergeant Barnes has made quite a bit of progress over the past couple of months," She was looking right at you and you felt a little uneasy with how James was literally right there, but he just gave her a pensive stare, settling into his role, "And I know his support system has grown because he's brought you into our conversations more than once."