Chapter 11 Roquat confronts Mombi

In a daring turn of events, Tiktok, with his unwavering determination, faced defeat after 14 valiant attempts, transforming into a shimmering green medal. Following suit was Scarecrow, whose 15 guesses led him to a fate akin to that of a mere paperweight. Each member of the group ventured into the opulent ornament chambers of the Queen, only to be met with disappointment and failure, one after the other, as time slipped away.

As the tension mounted, it was Dorothy's turn to take on the challenge with a hefty 51 guesses at her disposal. Dorothy left the room to take her turn in the ornament rooms, leaving only Billina, the chicken who had been concealed behind Queen Roquat's throne, unnoticed by all. Now, the Queen, seeking answers, summoned her Viceroy Mombi using mystical powers, demanding explanations for the Scarecrow's escape, that had led to this disruption that had rattled her castle.

 Now, the Queen, seeking answers, summoned her Viceroy Mombi using mystical powers, demanding explanations for the Scarecrow's escape, that had led to this disruption that had rattled her castle

In a sudden burst of magic, Mombi materialized before Roquat, breaking free from the confines of her cage in Emerald City. Now, standing before the incensed Queen, the Princess now wore her original head.

"Mombi," the Queen's voice carried the weight of authority, "why did you allow the Scarecrow to slip through your fingers?"

With a tremor in her voice, Mombi replied, "It was an unexpected twist of fate, your majesty. I had locked the Scarecrow in the royal tower, intending to use him to start a bonfire. Yet, somehow, he slipped away. I never foresaw his escape or his meeting with Glinda. If only you had bestowed upon me powers as potent as your own, I could have easily thwarted Glinda's meddling."

Acknowledging Mombi's words, Roquat admitted, "True

Acknowledging Mombi's words, Roquat admitted, "True. Nevertheless, we need not fret about them any longer. I have seen them turned in to ornaments for my collection, save for Dorothy, who is on the brink of sharing the same fate as she struggles to decipher the enigmatic game I've set for her to liberate Ozma and the Royal Family of Ev."

"Why not transform them all at once?" inquired the Princess, curious about the Queen's methods. "It's more entertaining this way," replied the Queen, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips. "Moreover, their chances of guessing correctly are slim. Could they possibly discern that the Queen of Ev and her kin are ornamental figures of regal purple hue, while Ozma and Dorothy's friends from Oz, soon to be joined by Dorothy herself, are adorned in vibrant green? I've concealed these ornaments in the farthest chamber, and none of the challengers have even navigated beyond the initial room without succumbing to becoming an ornament."

A sudden rumble reverberated through the room, marking Dorothy's initial misstep. "And now Dorothy is left with 50 guesses," the Queen chuckled with a hint of satisfaction. Meanwhile, Billina, hidden beneath the throne, absorbed every word exchanged, chuckling softly as she unraveled the Queen's clandestine plan. Determined to tell Dorothy so she can find the right ornaments and win the game, Billina pondered her escape route, while Dorothy, with each guess, rapidly dwindled from 51 to a mere 20. Would Billina reach her in time, amidst the looming threat posed by the vigilant Queen? The suspense thickened as the game of wits and deception unfolded.