𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟗💫

Author's POV

Author's POV

After completing his work, Hashim sat in his office chair, leaning back with his head resting against the cool leather. Today's events weighed heavily on his mind, especially the way of his chachi to go out earlier in the day. Despite the mental toll, he pushed the thoughts aside and dialed a number before joining the production team meeting.

Later that evening, Hashim returned home earlier than his usually time just to find his dadi sitting alone in the yard, softly reciting tasbeeh with closed eyes. Her lips moved slowly, immersed in prayer. Approaching her, Hashim greeted her in their customary manner.

"Assalamualaikum, dadi," Hashim said, gently kissing the back of her wrinkled hand.

"Walekum assalam, meri jaan," his dadi replied, her voice filled with affection as she held his face in her hands, kissing his forehead. It was their way of expressing love. While Hashim's dadi showed this affection to all her grandchildren, but Hashim reserved a special place in his heart for her.

"You seem tired, dadi. I don't like seeing you like this," Hashim expressed his concern.

"It's nothing, just some old memories resurfaced today," his dadi replied, her eyes reflecting the weight of the past.

"I'll take care of everything, dadi. I won't let anyone touch even a fraction of what dadu preserved for us," Hashim assured her.

"I know, Hashu, but what can this old lady do besides thinking?" his dadi sighed.

"Tension ages you, dadi. I can't have my dadi looking old while her grandson is this handsome. Imagine itne handsome or jawan pote ki budhi sii dadi . Allab that will be horrible to see" Hashim joked, lightening the mood.

His dadi burst into laughter, and Hashim felt a sense of relief seeing her smile. They sat in silence for a while before his dadi began sharing some long-buried stories from their past.

"Sarika was just 9 months old when your dadu found her crying near the production unit," dadi reminisced.

"Why are you telling me this now, dadi?" Hashim inquired.

"It's just the beginning of a tale, Hashu. A tale of broken relationships. I'm not blaming her, but your dadu forgot everything for her," dadi explained, her voice tinged with sadness.

Hashim pondered her words, realizing the complexities of family dynamics. As his dadi continued, Hashim listened intently, gaining insights into his family's history and the struggles they faced.

"I never understood why no one talks about her much," Hashim admitted.

"Your father and chachu saw her as an intruder in our family. They resented her for taking their father away," dadi revealed.

"But you were always there for them," Hashim remarked.

"I was, but a child needs both parents' love. That's something they missed," dadi sighed.

"Why didn't you talked to Dadu about this issue" Hashim asked.

" I did but your dadu didn't listened to me at all . And I can't be angry with him after all he is the father of my children. Because love conquers anger, Hashu. Where there's love, there's no room for anger," dadi explained, imparting her wisdom to her beloved grandson.

As Hashim listened intently to his dadi's every word, he sensed a determination in her to keep their past story hidden. Intrigued by the sudden turn of events, he resolved to uncover the truth behind his bua and chachi's mysterious behavior earlier that morning. But he shrugged his thoughts off and smiled looking at his dadi.

"Come on, Dadi, let's go inside. It's time for your evening medicines," Hashim suggested, breaking the moment of reflection.

Without a word, his dadi acquiesced, rising from her seat. However, as they made their way inside, the sound of a car horn interrupted their movement. Turning towards the source of the noise, they saw an SUV pull up, and out stepped Zahida Begum, best friend of his dadi.

"What a pleasant surprise, Zahida. It's been so long since you've visited," Hashim's dadi exclaimed, her face lighting up with genuine joy.

Zahida and Zareen, lifelong friends with a deep bond, settled onto the couch and began catching up. Hashim and Zahida's grandson, Zain Iqbal, quickly hit it off, despite their three-year age difference. Hashim, a dedicated businessman, hadn't cultivated many friendships outside of work, making Zain's companionship all the more valuable.

"After all this time, I was hoping we could finally go to that party, but you're always so focused on work," Zain complained lightheartedly to Hashim.

"I was busy finalizing a deal with your mother. She's quite the negotiator, but we managed to seal the deal in the end," Hashim recounted, sharing his recent business dealings with Zain.

"I know, she's always so professional, even with friends. Did you close the deal, though?" Zain inquired eagerly.

"We did, and it looks like I'll be spending more time at Mallik Industries from now on," Hashim replied, pleased with the outcome.

Zareen Begum, noticing the exchange, turned to her friend with curiosity. "How come you're here, Zahida, and with an invitation card no less?" she asked, intrigued.

"Oh, I completely forgot in all our chats. It's an invitation to a party, and you all are coming. No excuses," Zahida declared firmly.

"Khala Dadi, it's a party celebrating Mom's nomination for best businesswoman of the year," Zain proudly informed the group.

"Really? Then we wouldn't miss it for the world," Zareen agreed, sharing in Zain's pride for his mother's achievement.

As the evening wore on, laughter and conversation filled the room, with other family members joining in the chats . Eventually, as the night came to a close, Zahida and Zain bid their farewells, after having dinner as Zareen Begum insisted .

The next morning, Hashim dressed for work and headed out, his mind still pondering the mysteries surrounding his family's past and the recent events that had unfolded. But before that their are so many issues that has to resolved by him .

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Assalamualaikum everyone I hope you all are liking this story so far .

Will meet you all again in next part till then
"Fi amanillah"

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃

𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐎 𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄 ,

𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒

𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 ❤️

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑