Chaos in Atlanta (0x02)

𝕬𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘, 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖞, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊.

3rd POV

 Lilly's attention was glued onto the TV just as many people across the world were doing at that very moment. This disease has got everyone on edge. Yet she couldn't help but feel that something very bad was going to happen, and it was going to happen soon. 

"In the wake of the recent outbreak, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has declared Atlanta safe from the undead. Emergency measures implemented by the government and military have successfully contained the outbreak, preventing its spread beyond the city limits"

"To ensure the safety, and well-being of those affected by the situation, the CDC has established a refugee camp inside Atlanta. The camp provides shelter, medical care, and support to survivors"

"The CDC urges people to stay calm, and assures that everything is under control. They issue a  warning to anyone traveling, and ask to avoid anyone infected. Anyone who is bitten or scratched is to be isolated ,and kept away from people. Symptoms of infection include a high fever, and delirium,"

"The refugee camp is expected to operate for several weeks or longer, depending on the duration of the outbreak. The CDC is working in collaboration with other government agencies and humanitarian organizations to provide essential services to those in need. Authorities stressed the importance of cooperation and unity during this challenging time"

Atlanta Mayor Andre Dickens issues his assurance stating "We are all in this together, and we will overcome this together,"

The TV gets turned off, and Lilly looks up. "You don't need to be watching that it's only going to make you worry more," James told Lilly.

"What it they can't control it. I can feel it James they're lying to us, and I have this feeling in my gut. Something very bad is going to happen," Lilly told him.  "What if the city gets overrun and we get stuck. What if I don't see my mom, and brother again. What if we die, and I don't get to say goodbye," Lilly rambled. 

James moves over to her before bending down to her level, and taking her hands. 

"Hey shhhh it's okay Lilly. Take a breathe. We're okay, and we are safe. If we stick together, and protect each other then everything will be okay," James assured.  

He gently pulls her into a hug, and she wraps her arms around his neck. Resting her head on his shoulder, and his hand gently rubs her back providing comfort. 

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep," Lilly mumbled. "I can keep it," he assured. "Your dad, and I are practically brothers. We grew up together, joined the force together. There's a reason why Lori allowed you to go on this trip. So you wouldn't worry about your dad, and because she trusts me to keep you safe," James continued. 

Lilly pulls away from the hug. 

"We should pack out bags in case things get bad, and we have to make a quick escape," Lilly suggested.

 "Well I guess it's a good thing I was always a dooms day person. Just not an extreme one. We have to be quick though we don't know when things can go to hell," James said softly.