10: 𝐅𝗼𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈'𝗺 𝐘𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐅𝗼𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐃𝗼

August 30, 2030

Two days until the family would leave for New York. Three days until Bennett's clinical trial would begin. However, there was one thing left to happen before Lucy, Tim, and Bennett leave Los Angeles. That one event was Lucy and Tim's wedding. The "thrown together in two weeks" wedding, to ensure Bennett would have the chance and ability to be a part of it, which of course meant the world to both of her parents.

Bennett was going to be the flower girl, and all of Tim and Lucy's friends from the station played a role in their ceremony as well. Bennett was over the moon to get to be a flower girl. It was the first, and potentially the only time, she would have a role in a wedding, but she was unaware of it still. Tim and Lucy, however, knew that thoroughly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours before the ceremony

Only two hours remained before Tim and Lucy would see one another at the end of the aisle. The rehearsal the night before had gone perfectly, and the two knew that the real thing would go just as perfectly, or at least that was what they had hoped. They knew the day would be perfect and special no matter what happened.

Tim was in one of the rooms in the church with the rest of the guys that were a part of the ceremony, while Lucy and Bennett were in another room with the ladies. While Lucy was getting her hair and makeup finished and touched up, Angela was helping Bennett get ready. Bennett usually was able to dress herself, but the past few days had revealed the five year old was having a harder time balancing and dressing herself, and everyone could see it. They all hoped she would be able to make it down the aisle in the church without toppling over, but luckily everyone present knew what she was going through, so it wouldn't be a big deal either way. All she had to do was get down the aisle, before she would have a seat on the front row. By now, standing for prolonged periods was almost impossible for her, so she would sit.

Bennett was dressed in a beautiful baby pink dress, which was considered to be a "spinny dress" to her, but she couldn't spin like she used to. Angela helped do Bennett's hair after helping dress her. The style she did was simple curls in Bennett's beautiful blonde hair. Her hair was already slightly curly, so it wasn't too hard to curl it the rest of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ceremony was set to begin at 2:00, which was the best option for them. It wasn't too early, but it also wasn't too late, which was what they truly wanted.

Right at the scheduled start time, everyone not in the ceremony had taken their seats, and Tim and the other guys were at the end of the aisle, as they waited for all of the ladies to come down. Each of the bridesmaids walked down the aisle, taking their places at the front, as rehearsed. The last to come down before Lucy was, of course, Bennett. The five year old walked down the aisle, tossing the flower petals out from her basket, just as they had practiced the night before. Bennett successfully made it down the aisle, before Angela reminded her on where to sit during the ceremony.

Once Bennett had made it down the aisle and to her seat, it was finally Lucy's turn. As the music began playing, everyone stood to watch as she was escorted down the aisle. Once she reached the end, everyone was able to sit down, and the ceremony would officially begin.

Just as any wedding, the priest handled all the talking, up until it was time for Tim and Lucy's vows to be exchanged. Tim was the first to say his, as everyone watched and listened closely.

"Lucy, you truly mean the world to me. You are one of the lights of my life, and you have shown me more love than I can ever remember. You and Bennie are the greatest things to ever happen to me. I know we are going through the unimaginable right now, but we will get through it. We always do, and we always will. We make a great team, and I couldn't imagine having anyone else by my side. I have loved you for a long time, and I will continue to love you for the rest of my life." He said, as he gave her a smile. Lucy smiled brightly back at him, the tears very evident in her eyes.

Lucy then took a moment to compose herself, before she began to read her vows. "We've known each other for a long time, and we've loved each other for just as long. I have never been more thankful to have you and our sweet girl, and I know that we can overcome anything and everything that this life will throw our way. You have been nothing but my rock since day one, and I know you always will be. I love you more than anything, and I cannot wait for what the rest of our lives will bring, in both the good times and the bad times."

After the vows came the exchange of the wedding rings. Once the rings had been exchanged, it was declared official. Lucy and Tim were officially married, and nothing could be better. The newlyweds shared a passionate kiss, before motioning for Bennett to come over. The five year old slid down from the pew she was seated on, and went over to her mother and father, as Tim picked her up and both parents placed a kiss on her cheeks, as the little girl giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the ceremony, it was time for the reception. A few days before the wedding, they had decided to have the reception at the church, instead of at their home, which worked way better for the family.

Everyone ate some very delicious food, and the adults all had a drink of their choosing, if they pleased. There was a wide range and variety of food for everyone there, no matter the dietary restrictions they could have had.

After the meal, it was party time. Everyone had a great time dancing, even Bennett got in on the action, and had a great time dancing with everyone, even if her moves weren't as coordinated as they used to be. Soon enough, Tim and Lucy shared their first dance as a couple, before including Bennett in their dance halfway through. The song they chose for their dance was "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. It was a song both Lucy and Tim loved, and it was simply perfect for them.

The dance portion of the reception continued on for about another hour, before it was time for the cake. The cake was cut and a toast was performed, before everyone was welcome to enjoy a slice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 10 that night, everyone had finally left, and the Bradford family made it back to the house. Bennett had fallen asleep in the car, so when they arrived home, Tim carefully got their daughter out of her car seat, and carried her inside. Lucy was able to efficiently change Bennett into a pair of pajamas without disturbing her sleep. Once the little girl had been changed, they placed her in her bed, before each of them planted a kiss on her forehead, and told her how much they loved her.

The couple eventually made it to their bedroom, where they changed into their own pajamas, and were ready to wind down for the night. Now that they were officially married, it was time to settle down and focus solely on Bennett. They were getting ready to face a multitude of good days, bad days, and even worse days, but they knew they could get through it together. They always did.