Chapter 1

VINCE'S TECH AND COMPUTER SHOP AND REPAIR, ATLANTA, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
JUNE 15, 2112

Alex Maxon picked Vince up by his neck.

"You will give me service, or," Alex pulled his gun and pressed it against Vince's temple. "I'll blow your brains out."

"I'll help," Vince croaked out. "Just put me down."

Alex dropped him. Vince fell to his knees, coughing. Vince picked himself up.

"What do you need?" he asked.

Alex reached around his neck, flattened his collar, and popped the chip out of his neck.

"I want to know what's on this drive," Alex responded.

Vince took the metal chip from Alex and examined it, stopping briefly to look at the Atlis symbol. He plugged it into his computer.

"Goodness," he said. "This things protected by some nasty security."

Vince began typing furiously. Suddenly, all the power flipped off and back on.

"What happened?" Alex asked.

"I don't know?" Vince responded. "My computer's dead."

"Mr. Dakly!" shouted Vince's assistant. "The police are here to see you."

Alex looked Vince in the eyes and shot him. He pulled the chip out of the computer and pushed it back into his neck, once again feeling the presence of Ataline. Alex fled out the back door.

"You know he didn't call the police, right?" Ataline said in his head.

"You did it?" Alex responded.

She didn't reply.

Whatever she was, it wasn't good and part of him didn't like that.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!