Chapter 12

ATLIS MOBILE COMMAND UNIT, WASHINGTON D.C.
SEPTEMBER 25, 2112

After the president's announcement, the capital was not the place to be. David and Gordon had been watching the news. Car checkpoints were being placed all around major cities. Every few days, a few neighborhoods and residential districts were being searched. As they were driving, they saw a group of men against a wall. They were shot, single bullet to the head. A cleanup crew came right behind, cleaning up the blood stains.

The AMCU stopped two blocks from the White House. They geared up and slid open the door on the bottom of the van. A manhole sat just below the hatch. David lifted it up and slid it out of the way. Stench rose from the sewer below. Gordon erased all traces of them being there. He pressed the self destruct button.

They climbed down the ladder, sliding the manhole back into place. As they made there way through the sewer the explosion echoed through the system a few minutes later.

Gordon and David reached a bend in the system. Around the corner stood to heavily armed men in front of an eight inch thick door. David laid a device on the floor. It rolled into the middle, and in 1.5 seconds it blasted an EMP and two silenced bullets into the guards. Gordon dragged the bodies away while David hacked the keypad.

Finally, it beeped, and the three silver pillars were removed from the wall, sliding back into the door. David slid another EMP through the crack in the door, knocking out the camera and lights.

"Activate flashlights," David said.

They turned on the light on their head and the light on their guns. One guard entered the room. Gordon took him out with a single shot.

"992," said his communicator. "Come in. Status report."

Gordon picked up his communicator. "Everything's fine. Just a minor outage. Heading to the generator to fix it," he said.

"Copy that," the person on the other end replied.

"Alright," David said. "You head left and take out the power. I'll head right. Once the power is off, this place will go into chaos. The prisoners will be free. I'll find Alex and meet you at the recon point."

"Copy that," Gordon replied. "Let's hope this works."

Do you think they will succeed? Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!