Chapter 13

BUSINESS SUITES HOTEL, WASHINGTON D.C.
SEPTEMBER 25, 2112

Gordon, David, and Alex stood on the roof of the Business Suites Hotel overlooking the White House. The White House was not in its original location. It was sunken into a hole in the ground.

"What did you do?" Alex asked.

"Wrong grenade on the generator," Gordon said, shrugging.

"Thanks for the rescue, but now the entire military and police force of Washington will be after us," Alex replied.

"I'm sorry!" Gordon said. "I thought they were EMPs."

Alex turned to David. "The AMCU! We still have a chance. Where is it? I assume you brought it."

"Well," David said "We did bring it, but we had to use the self destruct as a distraction and, even if we had it, they have car checkpoints around the city."

"Great," Alex said, obviously mad. "Now what?"

"I don't-" David was cut off by a gunshot.

Gordon dropped the ground. His hand covered a hole in his shoulder. David grabbed his arms and dragged him inside the staircase. Alex followed. Suddenly, they were face to face with President August. August shot Gordon in the head. His men held Alex and David at gunpoint.

"Drop your weapons," President August commanded. "It's over."

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!