Chapter 15

LOCATION: UNKNOWN
DATE: UNKNOWN

David awoke in a cot. The room surrounding him had dull, grey walls. Another cot, holding Alex sat next to him. There was tables on either wall with medical supplies on them.

"Alex," he whispered. "Alex."

"What?" Alex said, his eyes snapping open. "Where are we?"

"I don't know?" David replied.

Then, a rhythmic, metal clanging came closer and closer to the door. The sliding doors parted and in came a doctor and some kind of robot. The doctor began checking Alex's statistics.

"Hi there," said the robot in a robotic, metallic voice. "Welcome to Encryption."

"Encryption?" David asked.

"Forgot about us?" the robot asked.

"Little bit," David replied, sitting up against the wall. "Out fighting our own wars, no help from you."

"Well, I wasn't the idiot that blew up the White House," returned the robot sarcastically.

"Is there someone in that robot or is it just a robot?" Alex asked.

"Disengage E-10," the robot suit said.

The head piece separated and slid back into the suit, as did the front. A woman in her 20s stepped out. She had blond hair with a pink strip.

"I'm Commander Caster," she said. "But most people call me Storm."

ENCRYPTION SUBMARINE
LOCATION: CLASSIFIED

David and Alex walked down the hall with Storm. She wore her E-10 Mech Suit with the head piece down to talk normally.

"So, why Storm Caster?" Alex asked.

"Well, I was chosen for Encryption when I was six. I was an orphan. It was better the Nikki Barnolet. So, I chose Storm Caster," she explained.

"How'd you get commander?" David asked.

"You act like that's the head position," she said laughing. David looked at her confused. "Lead Specialist Zachary Canan is in charge. I'm one of three commanders."

"So-" Alex was cut off.

"We've got problems," Storm said with a shocked look in her eyes.

"When do we not," David said. "Lead the way Commander Storm."

For her amazing dedication through the Atlis series I'm dedicating this chapter and the entire book to Storm_Caster! There will be an end of book dedication. I've not gotten to that point yet. Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!