Chapter 4

FURGESON ORBITAL PRISON, EARTH ORBIT
DAY TWO OF 50 YEARS
JUNE 16, 2112

Day 2

Well, that was quick. My sentence was determined this morning. I've been assigned 50 years. Fifty long years.

So, to pass the time, I'll tell you about my past. I grew up in New York on a farm. Atlis began summer training camp in 2016. I went every single year until I was 18. Right after my senior year, I sped off to Fort David Atlis in upstate New York where my camp had been each year. Thanks to my many summers there already, I was immediately changed from the entry level, Private Third Class, to Private First Class.

By the next year, I had already advanced to a Field Operations Lieutenant Second Class. In October of that year, my friend and the commander of Atlis was killed. Commander David Atlis and I were very close. Our wives were sisters and we spent much of our time together. In early 2020, Commander John Buchanan asked me to join the Next Generation Program. I agreed. This resulted in Nia, my first wife, already overcome with grief, to leave me.

I was put to sleep right after the invasion of America in the 2020s. I was woken once again 2025 after the Atlis 2025 Squadron created their plan to take back New York City.

After Atlis had won once again, I slept. Though, I was woken briefly some years before 2100 and the rise of Crane Military Corporation. We were warned about Crane, then slept again.

That's pretty much it. I need to get out of here. I can't do this anymore. Two days in and...

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!