Childish

"Keisha's P.O.V"

I'm usually known as talkative. I've heard it from my family, friends, classmates, teachers and even strangers. People would take that as an insult. But I think it's a compliment. It's a good thing being talkative in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with being "loud" anyway. I just love expressing how I feel through my words rather than actions. I feel like people would understand better. Plus, sometimes my words can comfort people. I've seen several people sit somewhere all alone in the corners of our school, so I'd always check if they're okay. However, there's one person who caught my attention.

Yiran.

He's very cold to me but I don't get affected by it. In fact, I'm used to it. I've developed feelings for him a long time ago. I mean, who wouldn't have a crush on him? His black, soft hair and his silhouette, literally the definition of gorgeous. The only bad thing is, we're in different classes.

HASS just ended. Finally. I was so zoned out that lesson, I didn't learn a thing. I suddenly felt someone hug me from behind. Could it be? I was smiling when I suddenly heard a voice.

Of course. There's no way Yiran would do that anyway. Keisha, you were whipped for nothing.

"I never knew you looked so cute while zoning out," Celeste chuckled. Celeste has been my best friend ever since childhood. Also, she's the only one who knows about my feelings for Yiran. I just trust her that much, you know?

"Of course, you took pictures," I sighed, embarrassed as she shoved the pictures up my face.

Suddenly, someone ran up to us, with a grin plastered on his face. Oh, who knew?

"What is it this time Kenji? Did a girl hug you? You bribed a girl to draw hearts around your face? Just because you're popular, doesn't mean all the girls want you," I scoffed. He looked at me and mimicked my face just then.

"A girl accidentally touched my hand, and I caught her blushing," Kenji blabbered excitedly. "I'm expecting a love letter from her anytime soon,"

Kenji and his nonstop ranting about different girls from different classes and year groups. When will he stop? Well, I can't be talking. Oh yeah, he also knows about my feelings for Yiran. Yeah, so only those two know about it.

We were talking when I saw Yiran sitting alone at the benches. I'll gladly take this opportunity.

"Yiran's P.O.V"

I was busy eating when someone sat next to me. Of course, it was Keisha. She's been trying to talk to me for so long. Like, can't she find someone else to disturb?

"What do you want now?" I rolled my eyes. She deserved that.

"I'm just worried for you. You're sitting alone. You know me. I try my best to make sure that people are happy," She smiled. Why does she even care?

"I can take care of my own health, thank you very much," I answered back. "Plus, you have your own friends, why are you pestering me when you can hang out with yours?"

"Well, now is the time to officially be friends with you!"

What. After her constantly disturbing me, she wants to be friends? Childish indeed. "In your dreams,"

She rolled her eyes and left me alone. Finally. I already had a bad day, and she just made it worse. Also, her 'comforting' isn't anything but annoying. When would she ever learn that?

"How did it go talking to your crush?" someone snickered. I looked back and I let out a deep sigh.

"Kio? I thought you were sick?" I questioned. "Also, I do not have a crush on her. Are you dumb? Is it not obvious that she's being annoying?"

"Just give her a chance man. She's not as bad as you think," Kio replied.

"Never!"

"Maybe if you'd tell her about your problems, she'd definitely comfort you," he said. I don't even trust her, so why would I do that?

"Kio, I don't need her "comfort". She just doesn't get it. I'm fine without her," I exhaled.       

"Your choice but trust me on this," Kio sighed and left. Why would I waste my breath and words on someone who'd annoy me every day? She's so childish, and I don't like childish people.

"Keisha's P.O.V"

I walked back to Kenji and Celeste, with a blank face.

"Still no luck? Sorry about that," Celeste reassured me. Maybe next time, I guess.

"Why can't he just hear me out for once? I want to check on him, but he refuses," I complained.

"Maybe there's something going on at his house or something," Kenji thought. I would ask him about it, but I don't want to seem nosy.

"I want to ask him, but I don't want it to seem like I'm invading his privacy. If I asked him, he wouldn't tell me, but rather shout at me, and I don't want that," I confessed.

"Valid,"

We were talking when suddenly, someone approached us. It was Kio. He's Yiran's best friend. This information suddenly made me smile.

"Hey Keisha, I'm sorry about Yiran's behaviour. He had a bad day today and he just wants to be left alone," Kio felt sympathy. Aw, I feel bad for him.

"Don't worry Kio. I'm used to him being like that anyway. Is he ok?" I wondered. Kio shook his head. "I want to comfort him, but he'll just push me away like usual,"

"You seem like a good person. I hope that Yiran would be able to hear you out soon," Kio smiled.

"Thanks!"

He left the group. Hmm, I wonder what can cheer him up. I never knew that he had a bad day. I feel so bad for him.

Time skip

"Yiran's P.O.V"

I let out a sigh as I sat down. I pulled out my sketch book and drew my feelings and what happened today. Ugh, why do I keep messing up?! The paper crumbled as I threw it in the bin. Why is today so stressful? I started drawing each moment one by one. I wasn't thinking when I realised, I drew Keisha. As my day couldn't get any worse, it did. I scribbled over the lame drawing.

I can hear my parents talking about my younger brother, Lihao's birthday tomorrow. Thing is, my birthday is also tomorrow, yet my parents forget every year. They'd always use the dumb excuse, "We're very busy, Zhao Yiran. Maybe next year," They're never busy. They're only busy when I ask for anything, but they're willing to give everything to Lihao and Chenyu, my other brother. I bet no one at school would remember my birthday as well. I hate life.