Smiles

"Yiran's P.O.V"

Time skip

We all sat down in the cafeteria, exhausted from the exam we just took.

"Thank goodness it's a Friday. I just want to go home and sleep," Celeste complained.

"Did you guys take the exam?" I asked.

"Yea. It was surprisingly easy," Kio bragged.

"Nerd," Kenji rolled his eyes. Classic. It was silent for a while since we were busy eating. Plus, we were so drained out by the exam.

"I just thought about something," Keisha suddenly spoke. We all looked at Keisha, confused. I mean, the others looked at her confusingly. I looked at her adoringly. Ok, cheesy.

"What is it?" I wondered.

"Kio, you know how all of us are in a relationship, right?" Keisha mentioned.

"Yeah, so?"

"You're the only one who hasn't shared your love experience,"

RIGHT.

"Yeah, Kio. Do you have any love experiences? Everyone here has shared a love experience aside from you," Kenji realised.

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't told us if you liked anyone, or if you're currently dating someone," Kenji stated.

Kio suddenly looked down. "I used to like someone,"

"REALLY?" Celeste stood up. "WHO?"

Kio took a deep breath before speaking. "I think it was in Year 8 or 9, before I came to this school. I liked this girl. She was a close friend of mine. We were in the same class. Every day, I would secretly look at her. Our desks were far away from each other, so I just had to admire from afar. It was all going well. Until one day, she didn't go to school. I asked one of her best friends why she wasn't there. They said that she had to study abroad and left that day. This may sound embarrassing, but I ran to the toilets and burst into tears. The thing is, we never exchanged numbers, so I couldn't contact her,"

I feel so bad for him.

"I feel so bad. What's her name?" Keisha questioned.

"Her name was Simone,"

"That name sounds familiar... What's her last name?" Keisha tilted her head.

"I think her last name was Dela Cruz," Kio answered.

"No way..."

"What, do you know her?" Kio was puzzled.

"She's my cousin," Keisha's eyes widened.

"WHAT?!"

Me, Celeste, and Kenji looked at each other, liking what was happening.

"Wait, does she have a beauty mark right under her eye?"

"Yes! She has a button nose and another beauty mark on her collarbone," Kio chattered.

"I hung out with her just last week, and she said that she is enrolling in our school next month,"

"NO WAY,"

"Kio, do you still like her?" Kenji smirked.

"I think I do now," Kio admitted.

"My best friend is finally getting a girl!" I rubbed his shoulders back and forth. "No more fifth wheeling for you!"

"How do you know that Simone likes him back though?" Celeste suddenly asked.