Think About It

"Yiran's P.O.V"

I sat down, still thinking about what happened yesterday. All I can think about is, why? Why did Keisha give me those cookies? Why did she spend over an hour making cookies for me? Why does she remember my birthday in general?

I have so many questions...

"Yiran, I have some questions for you," I heard. I looked behind and it was Kio. I sighed, expecting something unrelated to what I'm thinking about right now.

"Go ahead. Spit it out," I replied.

"Is it true that you finished the batch of homemade cookie that Keisha baked for you?"

What. He knows? Who told him?

"Who told you that?" I wondered, blinking rapidly.

"Kenji," he answered. Of course, its Kenji. He's known as the school's gossiper. He's also one of Keisha's best friends, I think. I can't remember what she told me.

"Of course, him. Yeah, I ate the cookies," I admitted, knowing it was a rhetorical question.

"Dude, don't you hate her?" Kio puzzled. "So, isn't it weird that you finished the cookies that she made for you?" Well, I wouldn't think it's weird, since that was basically the only thing that I ate, aside from a packet of chips that were 75% air and 25% chips.

"Well, those batch of cookies were the only thing I ate, aside from a packet of chips. I felt hungry, but at least I received energy from the cookies and didn't sleep during class," I answered truthfully. Kio looked at me as if he wanted more answers. I feel like I'm being interviewed. I prepare myself, expecting more questions to be thrown at me.

"Did they, taste good?" Kio asked. Pfft, Kio, that's all you got. Do better. And yes, they did taste good.

"I guess?"

Kio looked at me and smirked. I'm expecting a question "big". Why does he seem like a detective. Kio, you're not Sherlock Holmes.

"Don't you hate Keisha? If you hate her that much, you would've thrown the cookies away, hungry, or not," Kio smirked. Did you not hear me? I was hungry. Of course, I'd eat the cookie. Also, if I did throw the cookies away, she'd start crying and rant to her friends about. I do not want to see that.

"I do hate her, but Keisha isn't a cookie, is she? I don't hate the cookie, I hate her," I replied.

"Yeah, but without her, the cookies wouldn't exist. She made the cookies remember?" Kio answered back. "I'll go to the toilet, I'll be back in a minute,"

What he said made me think, do I really hate her? Those cookies I ate yesterday, they were amazing. But Keisha made the cookies, which means I'm enjoying something she made. That should be wrong right? Liking something from the person you hate the most is rare apparently. Also, she was the only person who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. No one else did, not even my family. I'm confused. I hate her but why do I feel like she's the only person who cares about me in this world? Am I meant to cherish her? I don't want to do that. But the fact that she was willing to waste over an hour of her free time to make cookies, for me. She wanted to make me happy. I've never experienced being happy in a while. But when I tried those batch of cookies, it felt like the world stopped. I don't know why she still tries to be friends with me, after my behaviour towards her. It seems like she's the only one who cares. I wish others could care about me too, at least one person does, and I'm grateful for that. I guess I don't hate her as much as I thought. But that made me think.

Maybe I should hear her out?...

"Keisha's P.O.V"

Why is my class always the one staying in? It's so annoying. At least I'm finally free from that classroom.