Remember Me

"Keisha's P.O.V"

Today is Yiran's birthday! I made these homemade cookies for him. I hope that he likes it! Maybe this could remove his stress. We'll see.

"You made these for Yiran? Talk about dedication!" Celeste smiled. "I hope he'll like them. I heard he's been going through a lot lately,"

Poor him.

I couldn't focus on class because of Yiran. It's his birthday today but I saw him, and he looked so gloomy. He had heavy eyebags. Did he not get any sleep? I'm so worried... Is this because of me? What if it is? Oh no, no, no! Keisha don't overthink. You did nothing wrong, right?

Right?

Ugh, I can't focus! I just hope he's ok.

Time skip

I sat down and waited for Yiran to sit. I kept biting my fingernails because I was so nervous. I don't like overthinking, but I feel like he's acting cold because of me. Am, I too loud?

"I don't know if I can give these cookies to him. I feel like he's acting like that because of me. Guys, am I too loud?" I breathed.

"Keisha. Don't overthink. You spent over an hour baking these cookies for him. I'm sure he'd feel happy that at least someone is willing to give up their spare time for him," Kenji reassured.

"Kenji's right. It's Yiran's birthday anyway. You have an excuse to give these to him. He probably isn't expecting any gifts, so if you do give the cookies to him, I'm sure he'll feel relieved," Celeste added.

"Thanks guys," I thanked. I saw Yiran get his food, so I immediately stood up. "I'll give these to him now. Wish me luck!" I took a deep breath and walked to Yiran, holding the cookies awkwardly.

"Happy birthday Yiran! I made these cookies for over an hour for you. I hope that you'll enjoy them and eat them with no regrets," I smiled as I placed the cookies on the table. He looked at me blankly. Is he zoning out?

"Hello?" I waved in front of him. He finally shook his head.

"Thanks, I guess," Yiran commented. He accepted them! I smiled brightly and ran back to my friend group.

"Guys! He accepted the cookies!" I beamed. Celeste stood up out of shock and hugged me tightly.

"LETS GOOO," she delighted. I ate my food while telling the others about the experience that I just had. Yiran, the one who'd yell at me, the one who'd purposely ignore me just accepted these cookies. I love this day.

"Yiran's P.O.V"

I walked out of my classroom. Kio wasn't here today, and my parents didn't even wish me a happy birthday. All I want is to be recognized. Is it really that hard? Am I just a nuisance and don't deserve to be in this world? I kicked a tin can that was on the floor, not even caring if it hit anyone.

I sat down, accepting the fact that I had to eat alone. I could smell something. It smelt like cookies. I looked around and noticed Keisha with a bunch of cookies. Lucky her, she gets to eat those cookies for recess, while I just get a packet of chips. I looked back and ate the chips. Yiran, you should be grateful that you're eating something.

"Happy birthday Yiran! I made these cookies for over an hour for you. I hope that you'll enjoy them and eat them with no regrets," I heard. I looked behind me and it was Keisha, holding the cookies. Wait, those are for me? And she spent over an hour making them? Hold on, how can I be sure that those cookies aren't poisonous? They shouldn't be right? Especially now that Keisha made them. I was too zoned out that I didn't notice Keisha waving her hand in front of me. I quickly shook my head, entering reality.