part - 8

YOONGI'S POV

I didn't attend the last lecture because I needed to make arrangements for tonight. On my way back home, I was so happy that I started dancing in the air. When I reached home, my mom asked me why I came back early. I didn't answer and went straight to my room. I was about to leave the house when my mom called out to me with a serious look, "Yoongi, if you don't answer me, then you are grounded." I stopped and looked back at her, and with a smile, I said, "Eomma, today is your son's special day. Wish me luck, and don't worry, I'll be back before 10 pm." She smiled at me but didn't say anything. I placed a small kiss on her cheek and left the house.

It was already 5:30 pm, and I had only 2.5 hours to prepare for the surprise. I went to the bakery and bought a chocolate cake with strawberry toppings, many candles, and her favorite chocolates. I had already bought a gift for her. I was going to  Garden, which was 15 minutes away from my house. On my way, I saw balloon sellers and thought that she loved balloons. So, I bought 50+ white and golden balloons for the decorations. I had been saving my pocket money for two months for this day. When I reached the garden, I sat at the table in front of the lake, which was in the middle of the garden.

I had heard people say that on a full moon night, the reflection of the moon in a lake looks ethereal. I tied balloons to the corners of the table, put the cake in the middle, and began decorating the place with the things I brought. After finishing all the decorations, I checked my wristwatch and saw that it was 7:45 pm. I ordered food online and asked for it to be delivered between 8:30 pm to 9:00 pm.

            ( yoongi's outfit)

            ( yoongi's outfit)

I fixed my clothes and eagerly waited for her to come. I was becoming nervous and impatient every second. I saw people leaving the garden and noticed that it was getting dark outside. The garden lights switched on, so I lit the candles on the table and started waiting for her.

Y/N POV

Today, Yoongi didn't attend the last lecture and left early without saying goodbye. I was pouting about it when my friend noticed me and teased me about thinking of Yoongi. I blushed and playfully told her to shut up and go to class. She always teases me about Yoongi.

I went home and was greeted by my mother who said, "Baby, you're here. Happy birthday my daughter." She was showering me with love right at the entrance. My father shouted from behind while laughing, "Honey, at least let her come inside!"

My mother asked me to sit on the sofa and said, "Y/n, I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday this morning." I knew why my parents were being extra nice to me - they weren't home in the morning due to some issues. I wasn't angry with them, but I was enjoying the extra attention. I thought to myself and smiled mischievously.

My mother tapped my hand and asked, "Y/n, are you still angry with us?" I hadn't answered yet. My father then said in a very sweet tone, "Y/n, happy birthday." I melted at his voice and said, "Mom and Dad, I'm not angry with you, I was just acting hehe..." They both laughed and said, "So where should we go to have today's party?"