5

Jake

"No he's not, trust me. I would know." There's no way they're telling the truth.

"Oh really? You would've known before me whether or not my best friend is gay? You're insane." Jasmine stood up and spoke before I could give a response.

"Okay, enough. Jake, come on. What do we have to do to get you to believe us?"

"Nothing. Because he's not. You think I wouldn't know?"

"You obviously don't, that's why we're trying to tell you. It's not that hard to get. You're smart, but you lack a lot of common sense." I glared at Frank as he spoke. Why did I even agree to come here, he's such an asshole.

"Fine, you know what? Fine. Only because Jasmine said it, so I'll play along. Why tell me this now? Why not just tell me when you found out I liked him?"

"He didn't want anyone to know. But, since it seems like you're becoming a recurring part of my life now and you clearly weren't going to figure it out yourself, I figured I'd at least give you the chance."

I brought my hands up to my face. There's no way he's actually gay, right? That'd be too good to be true.

"Give me the chance for what?"

"I don't know. To talk to him I guess? Look, he doesn't think you're gay either. He believed you for some reason, no matter what I tried to tell him."

"Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot. Wait, what did you say to him?"

"Just told him you like guys too. He said that you had a girlfriend before so you don't. He's a dumbass, too. But, dumbass aside, we have some options here. Keep pretending like you aren't constantly obsessing over him, or I can call him over right now. Your call, but choose quickly. Because then it becomes my decision."

"So you're serious? He's actually..."

"Yes. He's gay. Already said this."

"Stop being a dick, Frank." Jasmine turned to me. This is alot to take in, he's gay? This... this is good, right?

"But... oh geez. He asked if I was gay. And I told him no. Does he like me, is that why he asked? He doesn't like me. Right? But wha-"

"Okay, enough. I'm not doing this with you, call him." He wrote down a number and handed it to me.

"Frank come on. He's nervous."

"And? He's like, what, seventeen? I offered to help him talk to him. And I did, I gave him Gabe's number. So now he can talk to him on his own. I didn't sign up to hear him complaining about this."

"Are you kidding me Frank? I swear, sometimes you're such a-"

"It's fine. Really, I should've probably been heading home anyway. Uhh, thanks. For... this. Number. Jasmine, really nice meeting you officially. Frank, I'll see you around."

I walked out of his room and made it outside when I realized I wasn't even sure where I was. Perfect.

"Jake wait." I heard Frank behind me. I turned and saw him standing at the door, Jasmine behind him.

"Say it." She said to him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound like an ass."

"It's fine, really. No worries, I figured it was weird anyway that you were trying to help."

"It's not that I didn't want to, I'm just shit at advice. Which is why I told Jasmine to come over, but that didn't help."

"Jake, I promise he means well. But he's an idiot alright? We both know this. So I'll be helping from now on, in his place. Did you need a ride home?"