7

Jake

What the hell? Why is Gabriel at our table? And talking to Ryleigh?

"Jake! You're back." I felt an arm around my shoulders as I was pulled faster towards the table. Of course. Frank. Why wouldn't it be him?

"Frank what the hell?" I whispered as we walked.

"You'll thank me later." I looked over at Emily who just shrugged.

The three of us sat down as Gabriel stopped talking. Oh boy.

"Frank, you're back. Hey Emily. Hi Jake."

"Yeah. What were you two talking about?" Frank asked. Gabriel looked nervous but answered.

"Just class stuff. Nothing important. Where were you three at?"

"In the gym, we were just talking to coach about practice this Friday. I convinced him to change it to next Friday instead, and these two were part of my alibi. How do you feel about throwing a party?" What is happening right now?

"Really? Your parents out of town or something?"

"Nah, but yours are, aren't they? I'm inviting all the rest of the teams so, it should be a big one. So you down?" I looked over at Emily and Ryleigh. They seemed just as confused.

"Sure, why not. Beginning of the year party. And I've gotta make sure you don't make a complete fool of yourself."

"Sweet. And you three are coming too, yeah?" Oh. I really should've known this was where it was headed, shit.

"I mean... if they go then yeah, sure." Ryleigh spoke up first, smiling shyly.

"Uhh, Jake?" I glared at Emily who just shrugged.

"I don't know, parties and stuff... I've never been to one before. I just-"

"You should come." I looked up at Gabriel as he said that.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Uhh, the three of you should come. If you guys aren't doing anything else."

"Yeah. And Emily, you can bring Dani if you want. Where is she?"

"Not here today." She said sternly. I wish I could help her more.

"Oh. Well, if she's around, just let her know."

"Got it."

Emily

"Cool. So I'll let you guys know more about it later." Frank got up and walked away, Gabriel behind.

"Guys what the hell is going on? A party?"

"Calm down Jake, it can't be nearly as bad as what you're thinking."

"Oh really Emily? Because Frank seems exactly like the guys in all the movies that throws those huge parties."

"So you're not going?"

"Are you?"

"Why not? It's not like we're doing anything else." Especially now that Dani is ignoring me.

"Well you and Ryleigh can go. I'll be home."

"Jake, c'mon. You're so boring. This'll be fun. Plus, Gabriel even said you should come. What better invite, right?" I smiled as he rolled his eyes and looked away.

"I'm not going."

Lunch went by just like that, Jake refusing the party and me failing to convince him otherwise.

It was finally over and I headed my to next class with Ryleigh, art. Definitley one of my favorite classes.

"So you were quiet during lunch, are you going to the party?" I asked Ryleigh as we took our seats.