Chapter 6

As they approached the outskirts of Imperium, Lloyd, Arin, and Nya made their way towards the hidden entrance to the sewage system. This route offered them the best chance of slipping past Imperium's defences undetected.

Nya: whispering  We need to be extra cautious this time. If we're caught, there's no telling what the Empress will do to us. :

Arin nodded in agreement, his eyes scanning the area for any signs of patrols or guards.

Lloyd: Agreed. Let's move quickly and quietly.

With practiced precision, they navigated through the dark and narrow tunnels, their footsteps echoing softly against the damp walls.

Lloyd: Keep your senses sharp. We can't afford to let our guard down for a moment.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps echoed through the tunnel ahead, causing the ninjas to freeze in their tracks. Peering cautiously around the corner, they spotted a group of Imperium guards patrolling the area, their weapons gleaming in the dim light.

Nya: We got to go another way. :

Lloyd: It seems as if since we last came through the tunnels they've let guards patrol down here now. Let's go left:

With silent gestures, they communicated their plan to each other and swiftly changed direction, moving deeper into the labyrinthine network of tunnels.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of navigating the maze-like tunnels, they emerged into the heart of Imperium, concealed by the cover of darkness and shadows. From their vantage point, they could see the towering spires and imposing structures of the city stretching out before them, illuminated by the soft glow of streetlights.

Lloyd: Alright gather as much information as we can. We need to find out anything we can about Kai and the Empress's plans.

Arin: We've had our stealth training. :

Lloyd: Informal stealth training. : He corrected, remembering the time when he had to go find him and Sora.

Arin: Hey- we sneaked away from a ninja. That makes up for something.:

Nya: Lloyd, you seriously let kids sneak out of the monastery. Wow. :

Lloyd: Shut up. We're trying to do something here!: 

Nya: Yeah, yeah, lets go idiot : 

They exited the sewage system, and were in one of the back alleys of Imperium.

As they ventured into the heart of Imperium, sticking to the shadows and blending into the bustling crowds, the ninjas kept their senses keen, scanning their surroundings for any clues or signs of Kai's whereabouts.

Lloyd: Keep your eyes peeled, guys. We need to gather as much intel as possible without drawing attention to ourselves.

Nya nodded in agreement, her gaze darting from one alleyway to the next, searching for any potential leads.

Nya: Let's start looking, and we stay in the alleyways.:

Lloyd found himself navigating through the crowded marketplace, his keen eyes scanning the faces of the passers-by in search of any familiar features. But amidst the crowd of people, Kai was nowhere to be found.

Nya, ever the agile and resourceful ninja, scaled the rooftops with ease, her vantage point offering her a bird's-eye view of the city below. From high above, she scanned the streets for any signs of Imperium's activity, her senses honed for any hint of danger.