Chapter 9 (Uncanon to AU)

Kai lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His thoughts were a tangled mess of frustration, guilt, and exhaustion. He couldn't stop replaying the day's events in his mind, wondering how everything had gotten so complicated.

Kai: What am I supposed to do?

He said talking to himself quietly.

.   .   .

Lloyd: We need to act fast. The longer Kai stays in Imperium, the harder it will be to bring him back.

Nya: But how do we even get close to Imperium without raising suspicion?

Zane: I believe I may have a solution. There's a supply route used by Imperium that we could potentially exploit.

Cole: You mean we sneak in with one of their supply shipments?

Zane: Precisely. It would provide us with the cover we need to infiltrate their base or the city at least.

Sora: But what about Jay? We still need to figure out how to approach him.

Arin: Maybe we can use something from his past to jog his memory? Something that would make him realize who he really is?

Nya: That's a good idea, Arin. But we have to be careful. Especially with that girl that's with him as well, it doesn't seem like she's planning on leaving him or letting us near him.

Lloyd: Right, I forgot about her. We'll figure something out, maybe we can get her to help us as well?

Nya: I mean that's a possibility- sure, we can always try.

.   .   .

Kai: Maybe if I just...

He was interrupted by a soft knock on his door. Sighing, he got up and opened it to find Jay standing there, looking just as tired and conflicted as he felt.

Jay: Can we talk? I know we said tomorrow, but...

Kai: Yeah, come in.

Jay stepped inside, closing the door behind him. The room was dimly lit, casting long shadows on the walls.

Jay: Look, I didn't mean to- I just... I don't know what's going on, with everything, as of now.

Kai: Ha- I'm just as confused as you are buddy. He talked to me as if he knew me for years-

Jay: Yeah it's.  .  . strange indeed.

Kai: Why did you want me to listen to them-?

Jay: I mean- They seem trustworthy? Look like overall good people, right?

Kai: I mean I guess, yeah.

Jay: Trust them? For me at least, they may be able to help with our- very foggy pasts -_-

Kai: I wish it were that simple. Ras has his eyes on everything I do. If I make one wrong move, it's over.

Jay: Ehhh you'll be fine, anyways I forgot about work tomorrow so I should probably sleep :D

Kai: Yeah, also is she asleep already?

Jay: Hell I hope so.

Kai: I mean its quiet right?

Jay: Yup, pretty fair, anyways goodnight.

Kai: Night.

.   .   .

Nya: Are you sure this is going to work?

Zane: It's our best shot. The supply convoy leaves at dawn. We need to be ready.