Chapter 3: Pain

Pain consumed me, so I inflicted it to you

Tasha's POV

Without saying a word, Zuko stepped away and left the hall where I was in. Not even giving a care that I was screaming my lungs out at him, and breaking down in endless waterfall of tears.

That was it.

I crumbled to my knees and started sobbing loudly in pain.

Something, somehow, somewhat, snapped inside of me and I went berserk.

How - HOW can someone just treat me like this, after putting me in such pain? How can someone be human after doing something to another living being?

Zuko was an asshole. Just by doing this, leaving me to rot with the wounds he inflicted on me, says enough about his character alone.

I curled up in a fetal position and cried my lungs out, holding my burnt and wounded hands close to me. I needed water. I needed water to heal my hands, but I had none of it. Not in this ship, not when I was forbidden to do so.

I wasn't too sure how long of time had passed since Zuko left me in this state, but I remained in the hall alone, in the same fetal position, for what seemed like eternity.

My hands started growing numb from the burns, but I couldn't care less. My spirit was ruined. It was destroyed.

Zuko's POV

Nightfall had arrived, and it seemed like there was no noise from the servant which I captured. After I left her, I took the next couple of hours to continue with my research on the Avatar and his whereabouts, not caring about that girl.

Sure, I've cooled down since punishing her, but there was a tinge of discomfort from how I left things earlier.

I felt distracted, despite telling myself that it was right for me to punish her like that.

Damn it, I cursed to myself. I hate that I was feeling so unsettled.

Curiosity got the better of me as I made my way back to the training hall where I last left the water tribe girl.

Opening the metal door that creaked open, I saw that she was still here.

I walked over to her lifeless body, curled up in a fetal position, eyes still open. Open, but listless.

"Hey." I gave her a nudge.

Tasha made no response.

Ugh... this girl was so troublesome.

I grabbed the bucket of water from the kitchen, and walked towards her.

Tasha's POV

Who knew... How long I've been staying like this.

The water that rolled down my cheeks seemed like the only chance that I'll get to be near water ever again. It dried up, leaving me in a listless and distracted state on the floor.