Chapter Three

The next day a caravan of cars left Chestnut Street where both the Walton Fishers and St. Austin families lived.

Their destination: Rocky Creek, West Virginia.

In the lead car as agreed upon because he was the only one of them that knew where the hell he was going was the buttoned down bow tied painfully shy Dennis and his babbling a mile a minute fiance in Dennis' conservative blue sedan.

Behind him was a polished to an inch of it's life SUV with DC mayoral tags containing Saint, his nervy looking husband Matt ( currently engrossed in a shiny cooking magazine that featured wedding cakes) and their daughter Livvie ( currently texting happily to Benji on her latest iPhone).

And bringing up the rear in his cherry red Honda was Reed , Theo ( glaring at his cell phone and wondering how on earth Matt had hit him with yet another one hundred point word on Words With Friends) and Benji ( texting with Livvie and their other friend Sam Farnsworth).

Winnie and Dennis merrily bickered over playing a Lady Gaga song on Winnie's cell phone.

Saint popped in a Queen CD into the portable CD player which had Matt smiling and Livvie rolling her eyes.

Reed turned on his favorite Animal Lovers talk show on the radio and leaned over to kiss Theo who loved it as Benji pretended to gag.

And then they were off. Although it wasn't long before the cussing began.