Ch. 14 - The New Kid part 2 (Emmy)

Heyo! Once again, this will be the last chapter for a bit. I'm going to take a break from posting in order to work on some writing prompts. I think some might help with future chapters. Also, will be writing more chapters for this as well. Will probably start posting again after the semester is over for summer break, which is a bit over a month or so.

So, I'll see you when summer break begins! And I hope you enjoy!

*****

Continuation of previous chapter...

*****

Wednesday, September 6th

"There's some pizza left if you want some." Dave pointed to the boxes stacked on the coffee table. 

"Nah, I'm good. We stopped and ate on the way over here. Thanks though," Emmy said, taking a seat on the couch and placing the rainbow hat on top of her purse by her feet.

Dave nodded, handing back her lighter once the tip of his cigarette was glowing that delicious shade of red, before ambling towards Mike, who was sitting near the drum set tuning his guitar. She lit her own cigarette that she'd almost forgotten she was holding and gazed off in the direction where Dani, Lily, Stone, and Jeff were in the middle of some sort of animated discussion. Dani was gesturing wildly with her hands, while Jeff draped an arm comfortably across Lily's shoulders, and Stone stood with amused smirk and his arms crossed 

The way Jeff looked at Lily though, completely in awe of just being in her presence, how she subconsciously leaned into him when his arm wrapped around her… she wondered what that would be like, to be so enraptured with someone that their bodies just moved in tandem with each other automatically, naturally. Things were never like that with Jacob. She thought they had been, but looking back, she could see now that they never were. Now they were engaged; the reality set in, encircled by the phantom ring on her finger. 

Would Lily and Jeff get married one day? Have babies? What would happen then, with The Seattle Sound? Would Lily still go with them? Would she stay in Seattle… or maybe here? Maybe Jeff would stop traveling too?

One thing was certain. She knew they would make it, that they would be just fine no matter what was thrown at their feet. They were made for eachother. The love was so evident by merely watching them. 

Like a creeper. 

Emmy averted her eyes downward and stared at her cigarette instead. Maybe they didn't notice her gawking at them.

She needed to get it together and figure things out with Jacob.

Friday. That would come on Friday.

She still had time.

"I didn't see you today."

Her cigarette dropped from between her fingers as she jolted out of her daze. 

"Oh shit, I'm sorry! I, uh, I didn't mean to scare you." The head next to her knee was searching for something on the floor.

The new kid.

Eddie.

"No, it's – you're okay. I was just zoned out," she said to the back of his head.