Prologue

Elena stepped into her cozy apartment, the laughter and chatter from the party still ringing in her ears. She kicked off her heels, feeling a sense of relief wash over her after a long night of celebration.

"Best night ever," she muttered to herself, sinking into the plush cushions of her couch. Her phone buzzed with notifications, reminding her of the fun she'd just had.

With a smile, she reached for her phone, eager to relive the moments captured in photos. But as she unlocked the screen, her joy deflated like a popped balloon.

A single message stared back at her, bold and unwelcome.

Norman.

Her ex's name flashed ominously on the screen, a name she thought she'd erased from her life forever.

Her heart raced as she read the words, a cold shiver creeping down her spine. How did he find her? She'd blocked him on every platform, built a fortress around herself to keep him out.

Anger bubbled up inside her, mixing with fear and confusion. Why now? Why ruin her perfect night with his toxic presence?

Her fingers trembled as she typed a response, her mind spinning with a thousand questions and doubts. But before she could hit send, another message appeared, mocking her attempts to escape.

Quite the party, wasn't it?

He knew where she was. He knew everything.

Panic clawed at her chest, threatening to suffocate her newfound happiness. She was trapped, a prisoner of her past, with no way out.

And as she stared at the screen, her mind filled with whispers of doubt and despair. How could she ever be free when he still held the key to her darkest fears?

For Elena, the nightmare was far from over. It was just beginning.