The Walk Down The Aisle

Elena's heart pounded in her chest as she linked arms with her father, Mr. Stevenson, at the entrance of the bridal suite. She stole a glance at him, his eyes glistening with emotion, a proud smile gracing his lips.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" he asked, his voice thick with emotion.

Elena nodded, her throat dry with anticipation.

With a steadying breath, they stepped into the aisle, the soft strains of music guiding their footsteps. Elena's eyes scanned the crowd, taking in the sea of familiar faces – family, friends, loved ones – all gathered to witness this momentous occasion.

As they made their way down the aisle, Elena felt a surge of emotion wash over her. She caught snippets of whispered conversations from the guests, their words a symphony of love and support.

"Look how beautiful she is."

"She's glowing."

"I can't believe she's getting married."

Elena's heart swelled with gratitude at their words, her nerves melting away in the warmth of their love. But amidst the sea of faces, there was one that stood out above all others – Jason.

Their eyes locked from across the room, a silent exchange of vows passing between them. In that moment, nothing else mattered – not the guests, not the flowers, not the carefully planned details of the ceremony. There was only Jason, the man she loved more than words could express.

As they drew closer, Elena felt her heart race with anticipation. She could see the love shining in Jason's eyes, his gaze unwavering as he watched her approach. With each step, the distance between them seemed to shrink, until finally, they stood face to face at the end of the aisle.

Mr. Stevenson placed a gentle kiss on Elena's cheek, his voice barely a whisper. "I love you, sweetheart. Go and be happy."

Tears welled in Elena's eyes as she hugged her father tightly, her heart overflowing with love. "I love you too, Dad. Thank you for everything."

—————

As Elena turned to face Jason, she couldn't help but notice the tears glistening in his eyes. Her heart swelled with tenderness at the sight, a rush of love flooding her entire being.

She reached out a trembling hand, gently wiping away his tears as she leaned in closer, her voice a soft whisper.

"Hey there, don't you go making me cry too," she teased, a gentle chuckle escaping her lips.

From behind her, her bridesmaids watched the tender exchange. In unison, they murmured.

"Awwww"

Elena's cheeks flushed with color at their words, a shy smile playing on her lips.

At Jason's side, Antony, his best man, stood with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. He nudged Jason playfully, his voice filled with mock seriousness.

"Hey buddy, you better pull yourself together. You're not supposed to cry until the vows," Antony teased, a grin spreading across his face.

Jason chuckled, swiping at his tears with the back of his hand. "I can't help it, man. She just looks so beautiful."

Antony clapped him on the back, a grin stretching from ear to ear. "I know, I know. But save some tears for the reception, okay? We've got a lot of toasts to get through."

Jason grinned, wiping his eyes once more. "You got it, Ant. No more tears until the toasts."

Antony nodded, his grin widening. "That's the spirit. Now let's get you married, buddy."