Chapter 8

Brynhildr's P. O. V:

There's a huge crowd of Fairy Tail members gathered outside the guild hall, Erza and Natsu facing off against each other inside the circle. It would appear that the entire guild has come to watch the fight.

I'm wearing my usual work attire.

Suddenly, Lucy arrives and shoves Wakaba out of the way, her brown eyes wide as she stares at the two opposing wizards.

"No way! They're really going through with it?!" Lucy exclaims.

Mira greets with a smile, "Oh, hey, Lucy!"

A tall muscular man with spiky white hair and ocean blue eyes like Mira says, "Well, if those two value their manhood, then they'd better go through with it!"

Mira states, glancing at the man known as Elfman, "Erza's not a man."

Macao inputs, smiling, "But you've gotta admit that they're both manly."

Lucy wonders aloud, "Aren't you worried this fight could tear our strongest team apart?"

Gray utters, "What are you talking about, 'Our strongest team?'"

Lucy replies, frowning slightly, "You, Natsu, Erza and Brynhildr, you dummy! You're the four strongest wizards in the guild!"

"We are...? Yeah, right! What idiot fed ya that lie?"

We look to see Mira giving us a closed eye smile... Before she breaks out in tears, turning away from us.

Gray says apologetically, holding his hands up, "Oh! You're not an idiot, Mira!"

Lucy mutters with a deadpan look, the backs of her hands resting against her hips, "Smooth move, Gray!"

Elfman states, "I'll hand it to Natsu and Gray, they're tough little dudes, but neither are close to being the strongest. There are guys in Fairy Tail that are stronger than the both of them combined... Like this guy!" He points his right thumb at himself, grinning.

A short girl around Lucy's age approaches us with two guys behind her. She has dark brown eyes and blue hair tied back with an orange headband. Smiling, the girl says, "But calling Erza the strongest woman in the guild is a pretty safe bet!" She then glances to me. "Rivalling her is Brynhildr! It's actually considered a tie between them who's the strongest female wizard. She's also a Wizard Saint!"

I smirk at that.

The guy with spiky orange hair wearing a pointy brown and white hat states with his arms crossed, "As far as the guys, it's a pretty tough call, but I'd put my money on Laxus or Mystogan."

Mira holds the back of her hand to her face as she sobs, "All I meant was that the four of them work well together, and they have the best team chemistry in all of Fairy Tail...!"

Her brown eyes wide with shock, Lucy demands, "Okay! This is coming from the same person who sent me on a mission to keep Natsu and Gray from killing each other when Erza wasn't around?!"

Arms crossed over his chest, Elfman says excitedly, "Gotta say, I'm pretty psyched to see how this fight will turn out!"

I cheer for Natsu, "Yeah! Go Natsu! Kick her butt! Whoo!"

Natsu grins back at me while the others, minus Mira, gape at my boldness as I wave at the Dragneel. He says, giving me a thumbs up, "You bet I will, Hildr!"

Erza, smiling, says to Natsu, "It's been quite awhile since we've squared off like this, hasn't it, Natsu?"

Natsu replies with confidence, "I was just a little kid back then, but today's gonna be different, because I'm taking you down, Erza!"