Chapter 9

Third Person's P. O. V:

Brynhildr sits cross legged in her living room five days after Erza's trial, meditating to recharge her magic energy.

She has to meditate for at least three days to regain even a slim bit of her power. She's wearing her usual work attire.

Feeling as though she's regained enough for an easy job, Brynhildr opens her eyes and grabs a quick snack before locking her two storey house and making her way to the guild hall, the sun shining own on Magnolia.

When she arrives, she ducks her head to the side to avoid Natsu's "surprise" attack.

"Not now, Natsu. I'm about to go on a job," Brynhildr tells him.

"Finished meditating?" Erza asks as Brynhildr steps further into the guild. She nods her head as Lucy joins them.

"Yeah. Enough for an easy job, at least."

"Meditating?" Lucy echoes.

Erza explains, "Brynhildr has to meditate for at least three days in order to recharge her magic energy. It's slightly different from how Natsu replenishes his magic power."

"Oh, so that's why you didn't come with us to Galuna Island," Says Lucy in understanding.

Brynhildr looks at her in confusion as Natsu goes over to them and repeats, "Galuna Island? What do you mean?"

                        💎💎💎

A bench suddenly goes flying out the window of the Fairy Tail guild, making Lucy scream.

"I can't believe you!!!" Brynhildr yells, slamming her hands on the table in front of Team Natsu, Mira standing beside her. Lucy, Happy, Natsu and Gray him with fright. "You stole sn S-class quest just to prove your worth as an S-class mage?! What were you thinking, Natsu?!"

"I-I'm sorry, Hildr-chan!!" He squeaks.

"You took a job none of you were qualified for, and put everyone of your teammates' lives in danger!!"

"Calm yourself, Brynhildr," Comes Makarov's voice. Brynhildr pauses in her yelling. "They've been punished by having their bodies switched with the Changeling spell I'd left up on the Request Board for them. And they'd promised to never do it again."

Brynhildr glances from the short old man to her teammates with her eyes narrowed. Lucy, Natsu and Gray are quivering, but the blonde even more so.

She closes her eyes briefly and lets out a short breath as she says, "Well, as long as they've promised to never do it again, I'll let it slide, just this once."

The blonde woman shoots her teammates a warning glare to which they jump at.

Brynhildr mutters as she turns away, "I'm going on a job." I study the Request Board until a job catches my eye. I pluck it off and go to show it to Mira.

"I'm taking this job, Mira," Brynhildr says as she holds up the flyer. The takeover mate nods her head in approval.

"Alright."

Brynhildr turns on her heel and stalks out of the guild hall. Natsu falls into place beside her.

"What job did you take?" He asks.

Brynhildr responds, "I have to collect a bunch of special herbs for a client that can replenish a mage's magical power. It lives in MT. Hakobe."

"Can we come?!" Natsu asks eagerly.

The caramel brown eyed woman glances to him for a moment before shrugging. "I don't see why not."

"Alright!!" Natsu and Happy cheer before following her to MT. Hakobe.

Brynhildr's P. O. V:

"So where abouts are these magical herbs?" Happy asks as we trudge through the snow on MT. Hakobe.

I was using my Magic Cast Heat Command to ward off the chill.

"I don't know. It's been awhile since I last found them," I reply. "I do know that they're guarded by a Blizzardvern."

"Hey, Happy!" Natsu suddenly says. I stop and turn to see he's holding a snowball in hand, a bunch of them piled up before him. "Wanna fight?!"

"We're here for a job, you nitwits!!" I snap.

"Aye, sir!!" The blue cat cheers before gathering his own snowballs. Before I could stop them, Natsu and Happy throw the snowballs at one another.

I suddenly shout, scaring them, "Will you two cut it out?!?! I let you come along to help me on this job, not to have snow fights!!"

My voice bounces off the walls of the mountain and Happy exclaims, "Ah! Careful, Brynhildr! Your yelling could cause an avalanche!"

I blink my eyes before a faint rumbling reaches my ears.

I shout, "RUN!!" Natsu and I start running as a walk of snow comes down, and Happy flies after us. However, we couldn't get away in time and get caught up in the avalanche.

The rolling snow soon stops and I find myself buried deep in it.

I hear Natsu ask as he pokes himself out of the snow, "You guys okay?"

"Aye," Says Happy, freeing himself.

I pull myself out and give the Fire Dragon Slayer a glare. He flinches. "Let's just continue with the job, okay?" I let out an annoyed sigh before completely getting out of the snow and using my Heat Command to melt it off my body.

With a final glance at my teammates, I continue to search for those plants, hearing Natsu and Happy catching up to me.

                      💎💎💎

It was another twenty minutes before we finally come to the grove of medicinal herbs I need.

"There they are!" Natsu cheers.

"Let's get us some herbs!" Chimes Happy. They rush forward and start to grab a bunch, but then there's a low rumble that makes them pause.

"Huh? What was that?" Natsu wonders.

The snow moves and out of it rises a white winged creature, standing on two hind legs. It has black claws and spikes running down its back.

They're herbivorous and very protective of their food.

I exclaim with wide brown eyes, "It's a Blizzardvern!"

They're like Wyverns, but their scales are white to allow for camouflage in the snow, and they reside here on MT. Hakobe.

Happy cries out as the Blizzardvern lunges for them, roaring angrily.