Chapter 12

Yami actually has black eyes.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Brynhildr narrows her eyes before jumping down from the roof and faces Yami.

"What proposition?" She asks suspiciously.

Yami says, "I have the power to bring back your little sister and former lover from the dead with my Reanimation Magic." This causes Brynhildr to gasp. "In return, I wish for you to join me in taking over the world."

Brynhildr slams her fist against the wall and forms a crater. She seethes, "Why would I join you?"

Yami says, unfazed by her show of strength, "Because like I said, I can bring your loved ones back to life."

Brynhildr falls silent before asking, "Why me?"

Yami responds, "Because of your power." Brynhildr falls silent yet again. "I see you need time to think this over. I'll give you one week. Meet me back here then to give me your decision."

With that note hanging in the air, Yami turns and vanishes into the night, leaving Brynhildr standing in the street, mind whirring.

                         💎💎💎

Makarov hums as he sits in his office after Brynhildr tells him of her encounter with the dark mage, Yami Morior.

"I have heard of him," Says Makarov. "He's a very powerful dark wizard. I'm surprised he approached you."

"He did," She affirms.

"What will you do?" Makarov questions warily.

"... to be honest, I don't know. His offer is tempting..." Brynhildr murmurs.

"You know there is no true magic that can bring the dead back to life. They'd be soulless creatures," Makarov tells her.

"I know," Brynhildr says quietly. She clenches her fists in her skirt.

"I will not stop you, but I will advise you to choose your decision wisely," Makarov says seriously. "If you do decide to go with him, Brynhildr, I will have no choice but to take you into custody, understand? You may be excommunicated from Fairy Tail forever."

"I understand, Master. I have a week to make my decision," Says Brynhildr. Makarov nods his head solemnly and dismisses her.

She sighs and gets up before leaving the guild hall. Brynhildr heads home to her three storey mansion and unlocks the door. She makes a quick dinner before getting into her pyjamas and goes to slide into bed.

However, Brynhildr stops upon seeing a head of pink and blue hair and sighs in exasperation.

Not in the mood, Brynhildr leaves them as she doesn't want to answer any questions and goes to sleep.

The next morning at the guild, Brynhildr spends most of the day drinking. Natsu and Gray cautiously go up to her.

"Um, hey, Hildr," Natsu greets, causing her caramel brown eyes to flicker over to them. "We were wondering... are you okay?"

"What makes you ask that?" She retorts as she resumes drinking.

Gray points out, "Well, because you've been drinking all day and you haven't done that in quite a long time." Natsu nods his head in agreement.

"I'm fine," Brynhildr responds, taking another shot.

"Are you sure?" Natsu presses. "Because you don't look—"

"I said I'm fine!" The Swordia shouts sharply, causing silence to reign over the guild hall as everyone stares at her. She glares at the boys frozen in fear before getting up. "Just peace me alone, okay?!"

With that, Brynhildr leaves the guild hall. Makarov sighs solemnly, perched on the bar counter.

Natsu grumbles with a raised eyebrow, "Gee, what was that all about?"

"Beats me. Seems as though she's in a far crankier mood than usual," Gray mutters. He couldn't decide who was scarier: Erza or Brynhildr with her super strength.

Makarov speaks up. "Brynhildr is just overwhelmed at the moment."

Natsu and Gray turn to him as the pinkette's asks, "What do you mean, Gramps?"

The Dreyar decides to tell them and the rest of Team Natsu what Brynhildr had told him last night.

"But she wouldn't, would she, Gramps?!" Natsu exclaims, teeth clenched.

"I wouldn't think she'd betray us," Gray says.

"It's up to Brynhildr to decide," Says Makarov. "I'd sue chooses to aid him, we'll have no choice but to turn her into the Magic Council."

Natsu punches the counter top as he snaps angrily, "Hildr wouldn't do that! Not in a thousand years! I'm gonna stop her myself!" Then he whirls around and races after the S Class mage.

                          💎💎💎

Brynhildr is leaning against the wall of a building as her teeth are clenched and tears pour down her face. She would do anything to bring back her little sister and former lover, but to betray her beloved guild after everything they've done for her?

Brynhildr didn't think she could bring herself to do that.

"Brynhildr!!" Said woman sees Natsu running toward her as she straightens.

"What do you want now?" She drawls.

"Gramps told us what happened to you last night," He says. She sighs. Brynhildr should've known the master would've told them eventually. "You're not really going to do it, are you?"

"What if I am?" Brynhildr asks softly as she looks away. "Will you stop me?"

"Yes, because didn't with him is wrong! He's evil! He'll only destroy us in return!"

"If it means bringing back my family, I don't really care," Brynhildr says quietly.

"What?!"

"Natsu, I've lived for over 400 years. I've lost my whole family and former lover to wars. I've been alone for my whole life! If you had the chance to bring Igneel back, even if it meant betraying Fairy Tail, would you do it?" Brynhildr demands, glaring at him, tears still dripping down her eyes which startled him.

Natsu grits his teeth as he hisses, taking a step back. She was right; he'd do anything.

"I thought so."

"But there's no magic that can raise the dead!" He insists. "It won't end well. Please, Hildr-chan, you have to reconsider this!"

She glares as she shoves past him and says sternly, "It's my decision, Natsu. Don't get in my way or you'll be hurt."

Natsu scowls as he watches the immortal wizard walk away.