Chapter 10

Brynhildr's P. O. V:

Natsu and Happy dodge the Blizzardvern as it swings its clawed wings at them.

Natsu throws a punch of fire at it but the wyvern easily evades it. He then uses his Fire Dragon Wing Attack spell and it hits the beast.

I run forward and activate my Magic Cast.

"Magic Cast: Command Ice Storm!" I focus my magic on my surroundings and ice forms with lightning crackling through it before flying at the wyvern. The shards of ice strike it and it roars in annoyance.

"Nice one!" Natsu cheers.

I dodge an attack from the Wyvern.

"Command Slice!" I create swords wnd send them flying for the creature. A couple manage to cut it but he dodges the next one and swings its claws at me.

Natsu punches its chest with fire before using Fire Dragon Roar. I use my Ice Storm spell once again and more of my attacks hit the winged creature.

I cut at it with three blades and Natsu uses his Fire Dragon Wing Attack spell, knocking the wyvern back again.

I clench my right fist and flow my magic energy into it before I take a running start at the wyvern.

With a cry of exertion, I leap up and ram my fist into its chest. It goes flying back and I feel Natsu and Happy gaping at me.

The beast hits the snow covered ground with a heavy thud but doesn't get up again.

I land and glance back at the stunned males before I go and grab a few herbs.

                          💎💎💎

"There you go, one batch of medicinal herbs that also replenish a mage's magical power," I say to my client, an older man in his fifties, who I've worked for before a few times.

Natsu leans against the wall with his arms crossed and Happy next to him.

"Well done, Brynhildr," Says Mike. "Why don't you take some, since there's plenty here and it takes you awhile to recharge your own power?"

I smile appreciatively as I take it and say, "Thank you very much."

"And here's your reward money," Mike adds as he hands me a sack of Jewell.

"Thank you again. We'd better get going," I say, glancing back at the Fire Dragon Slayer.

"Of course. It was lovely seeing you again, Brynhildr."

We walk out with my herbs and sack of gold which I'll share with my teammates since they did help out.

"Who was that guy?" Asks Natsu. "You two seem to know each other well."

I reply, "I guess he's kind of a friend of mine, but Mike Meyers tends to hire me for a lot of jobs, especially regarding medical treatment. I'd gotten him some herbs from MT. Hakobe before."

"Oh, I see," Utters Natsu.

"Oh, yeah. Both you and Happy can have half of the Jewell, by the way," I tell them. Their faces light up.

"Really?! Thanks, Hildr-chan!" Happy chimes as Natsu does.

We continue travelling back to Magnolia.

                         💎💎💎

We arrive back at the guild I report to the master. He was pleased with how well the job went despite the near death experience with the avalanche.

I get some tea and cake from Mira before I go sit down, hearing Natsu and Happy tell Erza, Lucy and Gray about our job.

Later that night, after eating the medicinal herbs, while I was trying to sleep, I wake up after a nightmare about my family and my former lover, with long silver hair and teal eyes, being killed, my shaking hands failing to heal Jason.

I lean back with the back of my hand on my forehead, but I don't go back to sleep for sometime.