1

Chapter 1

Being a twin is difficult. Especially when you are two different genders. Different things are occurring at the same time. Nothing beats the occasional 'you're ugly', 'I wish you were born', and 'you're adopted' fights. There is nothing quite like having a twin whether fraternal or identical. In my case, I have an identical twin. I'm the female version and him and he's the male version of me. We usually get along considering there are two others in the house to pick on. Everything was nice, until my brother, Jack, started vine with his best friend Jack. He started just leaving on the weekends to go on these meet and greet tours. The weekends turned into middle of the week vacations and all of this resulted in him moving to LA with his friends.

The thing that hurt the most is that he left right after senior year to pursue his dream of being a big time singer. It hurt because I went through my first year of college by myself. Well I don't actually go to college. I go to Yale for their photography program. It's amazing but I'm so far away from everyone! My parents, my sisters, my friends, and Jack. He's in LA while I'm in Connecticut.

Luckily, my siblings and I were able to figure out a week where we can all go home at the same time.

When the cab dropped me off at my parents house, I was scared! I mean, I left everyone on a bad note. Actually, I didn't leave any note. My parents never knew I got into Yale and they didn't exactly know where I was until I was there... Then we exchanged some screams and tears and I hung up on them. I was overwhelmed with the fact that Jack was leaving without me. It was the first time in 18 years we were apart for more than a week!

As I approached the front door, I took a deep breath. I looked at my outfit in the glass door and fixed anything that was out of place. I was wearing light washed denim shorts, a black shirt, and black vans. About .5 seconds after ringing the bell, the door flew open and a brunette girl was standing there. I've never seen her before but she looked quite familiar. 

"Hi, can I help you?" She chirped and I looked into the house. Definitely the right place. I can see the big obnoxious covering the kool-aid stain we left on the carpet as children.

"MOM!" I yelled and I heard my mom whining from the kitchen.

"Yes?" She sighed and made her way over to the door. "Blake!" She smiled and flung the glass door open. My mother nearly killed me as she embraced me in a giant hug. "I have my youngest babies home first!" She mumbled into my neck as our long hug came to an end.

"Mom, I sorry about last year and the terms we ended on! It's been tough not being able to call you cause I didn't want to apologize over the phone. It deserved to be in person." I smiled and my mom pushed my long brown hair out of my face and smiled.

"It's alright kiddo! But there someone in the kitchen who wants to apologize to you!" She smiled and I felt my heart drop. Jack.