7

Chapter 7

"Hi, tonight I'm gonna be singing How to Save a Life by The Fray!" I smiled and began singing. As I finished, everyone in the restaurant was standing and clapping. 

"WOW!" The guy smiled. "That, was the most amazing performance that has ever occurred in this restaurant! Have another song you wanna sing?" He smirked and I shrugged.

"I don't know!" I smiled.

"You tell me a song and we can play it!" He gestured to the computer.

"Should I sing another one?" I ran my fingers through my hair and everyone clapped and cheered.

"Go for it!" The guy laughed and I nodded.

"Okay!" I smiled. "I'm gonna sing She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 in memory of my best friend Carly!" I looked over at Jack and he gave me a thumbs up. I took a deep breath and let the lyrics take me away. 

This was the last song I sang seriously before tonight. I remember it clearly. October 24th of my freshman year, my best friend Carly was involved in a hit & run. She was severely hurt and the doctors had to do 3 different surgeries just to stabilize her. When she woke up after, the doctors gave her 5 hours to live. She only made it 2 and a half. I was the last person she saw, and talked to before she passed. By the end of the song, I felt the tears forming but I held them in. 

Everyone stood up and was cheering. Nothing beats the smile on my best friend's face after I sang the song to her. Although she knew she only had a few hours to live, I was able to make her smile by a singing a song. Nothing beats that feeling!

When I got off the stage, I went straight outside. I needed some air! I couldn't walk back to the table in tears. I sat down on a bench in front of the restaurant and looked at the cars going by. As I sat there, I just let the tears roll down my face. I felt the bench sink down a little as someone sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" Nash's innocent voice rang through my head.

"That was the song I sang to my best friend right before she passed away." I never looked away from the street.

"I'm so sorry!" He wrapped his arm around me and I just melted into him. I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder. "It's alright!" He leaned his head against mine and rubbed my back to calm me down. When I stopped crying, we still sat there. "I could sit here like this all day!" He smiled and I laughed a little.

"Me too!" I smiled and looked up at him. 

"How about, tomorrow we go out for breakfast?" He smirked and I nodded.

"I'd like that!" I sighed. "We should head back inside, shouldn't we?" 

"Yea!" Nash laughed and looked into my eyes. "But not until I do this!" He smirked and leaned in. Our lip connected. They felt like they belong locked together. We both pulled away smiling. "Now we should go back inside!" He smirked.

"Ugh! Now I don't want to!" I laughed and ran my fingers through his hair.

"How about we go inside, finish the dinner, and tonight we will sneak out and camp out at the beach?" He smiled.

"Wow, you're the romantic type aren't you?" I giggled and he shrugged.

"Sometimes!" He smirked and we both stood up. "Bring a change of clothes so you could say you went jogging or something!" He laughed. "Anything Jack will believe!" He smiled and I nodded.

"He can NOT know about us!" I sighed agreeing with Nash.

"Just act like I was just a shoulder to cry on!" He smirked.

"Will do!" I smiled as we walked inside.