6

Chapter 6 

"BLAKE!" Jack yelled from downstairs. "HURRY UP SHIT HEAD!" 

"SHUT UP!" I screamed and looked in the mirror one last time. I was wearing a black sunflower patterned spaghetti strap dress, my hair was down naturally, and I had on black t-strap sandals. Tonight we are all going out to dinner so I can meet everyone. Before walking downstairs, I grabbed my small black purse and walked downstairs.

"You finally ready?" He hissed and I rolled my eyes.

"You're an asshole!" I sighed and Jack laughed.

"Lets go you big baby!" He hugged me and I elbowed the side of his stomach.

"Don't touch me!" I glared at him and he laughed.

"Let's go! Madison is waiting in the car!" Jack dragged me outside and threw me in the back seat of his car.

"Where are we going?" I sighed as Jack flipped through the radio stations.

"Andre's restaurant! It's italian." He was getting frustrated that there were no good songs on. "Blake, sing a song!" He instructed and I sat up.

"What song?" I laughed.

"Anything!" He shrugged.

"M'kay!" I smiled and cleared my throat. I began Wedding Dress by Pentangle.

"Holy crap!" Madison smiled. "You're amazing!" 

"No I'm not!" I laughed. "I'm a terrible singer!" 

"Just agree with her or she freaks out. It's because when we were younger, our parents used to compare us so I said I liked singing and she said she liked photography so we both say we suck at each others thing!" Jack explained and Madison nodded. "The bad thing is, she's amazing at both!" He laughed and I shook my head.

"You sit on a throne of lies!" I sighed and he laughed.

"Sing another song!" Jack demanded and I sang both After Ever Afters by Jon Cozart.

"Can I please sing like you two?!" Madison laughed. "Both of you are amazing!" She smiled.

"Thank you!" Jack smiled.

"I'm terrible!" I shrugged.

"You two should a duet!" She gasped. "YES!"

"Nooooo!" We said in unison.

"I'm only good at singing songs that aren't like on the radio! Like disney songs! I'm great at those!" I smiled.

"What about a song you write?" She smirked and I shook my head.

"Jack and I together is an awful match!" I laughed. "Our voices are like a dying donkey!" 

"Sing something together!" She smiled and Jack cleared his throat.

"Fine!" I hissed. "Work this out!" I laughed and he nodded.

When we finished singing, Madison told us she got bits on snapchat, vine, and normal video.

"NO!" We both screamed. 

"Why not?!" Madison laughed. "That was amazing!" She smiled.

"Singing is his thing NOT mine!" I put my head in my hands.

"But you're BOTH amazing!" Madison exclaimed and Jack shook his head.

"You DON'T understand!" Jack sighed. "The real reason Blake doesn't want to sing isn't because of me. Before her best friend Carly passed away, Blake sang her her favorite song. She promised Carly that she wouldn't sing to another person seriously because she wanted her last serious song to be to Carly." Jack explained as I blinked back tears.

"I'm so sorry!" She gasped. "Wait, that wasn't even her singing seriously?!" Madison looked back at me and I shook my head.

"That was awful!" I laughed.

"We're here!" Jack smiled and I nodded. I looked up and saw a Karaoke Night sign. 

"Seriously..." I gulped. I knew that it was a sign from Carly telling me to sing. "I think I'm finally ready to show you how I really sing!" I laughed and Jack went wide eyed.

"I've never heard you sing seriously before!" He gasped.

"I know, but you will tonight!" I smiled as we got out of the car. "Only if you and Johnson go up before me!" I smirked and Jack nodded. 

"Deal-" He stopped as we walked in only to see Nate and Sammy rapping. 

"Not what I was expecting!" I laughed as we walked over to the big table.

"Johnson, we're singing Flights!" Jack smirked and I smiled.

"Okay!" Johnson stood up as I sat down. After Nate and Sammy, Jack and Jack went. As they came to a finish, I kept repeating the lyrics in my head.

"Alright! Thank you Jack and Jack! Who's next?!" The guy looked around and I stood up.  WHen I got up there he looked me up and down. "What's your name?" He smirked.

"Blake!" I smiled and he nodded, handing me the microphone. 

"Give a big round of applause to Blake!" The guy winked at me and I ignored him. I saw Nate, Nash, Sammy, Johnson, and Jack all whispering to each other. I put the microphone on the holder and took a deep breath.

"Hi, tonight I'm gonna be singing..."