4

Chapter 4

The week ended quickly and before I knew it, I was sitting between Nate and Sammy on my way to California.

"So, are you still single or do you have yourself a smart little boyfriend from Yale?!" Nate smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm still single." I laughed and looked down at my navy blue Yale sweatshirt.

"So am I!" Sammy smirked and I just glared at him. Jack was across the aisle with Madison taking selfies.

Before I knew it, my nightmare was over. We landed in California at noon leaving us the whole afternoon. We got a cab back to Jack's house that he shares with several boys. When we walked in, there were boys running up and down the stairs.

"WHERE'S MY PHONE?!" A boy with light brown hair yelled with a group of boys following closely behind him.

"Hey G!" One boy smiled as he walked into the kitchen and I just looked at my brother in pure confusion.

"Where can I get complete silence?" I sighed and he laughed.

"Follow me!" Jack led me upstairs to his room and smiled. "What do you have to do?" 

"Call the professor in charge of the photography section at UCLA!" I sighed and grabbed my computer and phone.

"We will be downstairs if you need anything!" He smiled and I nodded.

"Thanks!" I smiled and got everything set up. Quickly, I called the arts program

"Hello, I'm looking to speak to a Mr. James Welling!" 

"This is he, may I ask who's speaking?" He sounded confused.

"My name is Blake Gilinsky. I'm very interested with your photography program but I'd like to take a look before joining. I just finished a year at Yale University and got accepted to go to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago." I tried to sound as happy and interested as I could.

"I have an open slot at 1 is that is good for you. I'd love to meet you and see some of your work!" He seemed to be more interested.

"That's perfect!" I smiled and said goodbye. Quickly, I changed into a black skater skirt, a baby pink crop top, and black strappy heels. I applied a tiny amount of makeup and let my long brown curly hair fall naturally. Before walking out of the room, I grabbed my black bag and stuck my portfolio in it. When I got downstairs everyone stared at me.

"Where are you going?" Jack laughed.

"I have an interview with the head of the photography program at UCLA." I huffed and Jack smiled.

"Well make sure you go open minded!" He smiled and I glared at him.

"Can you drive me?" I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Ask Nate or Sammy. I have to go to the studio with Johnson!" He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Can you of you drive me to UCLA?" I looked at Nate, Sammy, and John.

"What do I get if I do?" Sammy smirked.

"Nate, please!" I begged and he nodded.

"Sure thing lil' mama!" He smiled and stood up. He grabbed his keys and we headed out to his car.

When we arrived, I looked at Nate. 

"Be here by 2!" I said strictly and he nodded.

"2 it is!" He smirked and I nodded. 

"2 o'clock sharp!" I stated one last time before walking inside.