2

Chapter 2

When I got inside the house, I looked over the girl that originally opened the door.

"I'm Blake!" I smiled and she nodded.

"I kinda guessed!" She laughed. "I'm Madison, Jack's girlfriend I kinda guessed you were Blake because you are the girl version of Jack!" She smiled and I laughed.

"Yes!" I nodded and threw my duffle bag down at the bottom of the stairs. "We looked actually identical when we were babies!" Both Madison and I laughed as we made our way to the kitchen where Jack was standing over the stove next to my father. "DAD!" I yelled and he turned around. He ran over to me and embraced me in a suffocating hug.

"I missed you so much Blake!" He kissed the top of my head and stepped back. "I think I just shit my pants!" He laughed and everyone started laughing.

"Why are you all laughing?" I stuttered hoping I didn't spill something on myself.

"You two are wearing the same thing! Denim shorts but Jack's wearing Jeans, a black shirt,  and black Vans!" Madison smiled and Jack turned around.

"Blake, I need to apologize for leaving without telling you in advance!" He looked at me and I crossed my arms. "To make up for it, I bought you a ticket to Cali and you can stay with me and the guys for a week." He smiled pulling out a plane ticket and I shook my head.

"I can't! I have a life in Connecticut now!" I sighed. "Just because you left doesn't mean things just stop! Everything keeps going! That's why so many people get left behind in life." Jack rolled his eyes at put the ticket in his back pocket.

"Can you please grow up for once?! Stop acting like a child and more like an adult!" He shook his head and I laughed.

"Me, grow up?" I shook my head. "One day when you're old and you can't sing anymore, then what are you gonna do? People aren't gonna love you forever! I found something I'm good at and I went to school to excel in it. You? You sang to a song one day and said I'm gonna be a singer! Until I hear your song's on the radio, you're just another person who is singing on the street corner trying to get money." I sighed and Jack went wide eyed.

"You think I'm just as good as everyone else?! Then why am I selling out shows?!" He hissed and I shook my head.

"Because teenage girls find you attractive!" I shook my head like it was obvious.

"You're just mad because I'm not hated by everyone in this family. When I left, you were the only one who had a problem with it. As for you, when you left everyone was pissed. Mom and dad almost disowned you." He gritted between his teeth and I nodded.

"JACK FINNEGAN GILINSKY!" My mom screamed and I shook my head.

"No, he's right!" I mumbled. "I've always been the problem in this family. If Molly or Laura ask, tell them not to worry! I won't cause any more problems." I stormed over towards the front door, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the house. I heard footsteps behind me but I kept walking.

"Blake," My father put his hand on my shoulder and I shot around. "Ignore him!" My father sighed and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going back to Connecticut. I can't stay here for a week with him..." I huffed and my dad shook his head.

"That's your choice not mine, but you have to at least stay for tonight..." He looked at his feet and then back at me. "Your mom is making chicken parm!" He smirked and my head shot up. 

"Just for tonight and then I'm leaving!" I laughed and my nodded.

"Just for tonight!" He smiled and we began our journey back to the house of horrors.