5

Chapter 5

"It was a pleasure meeting you Mr. Welling!" I smiled and he shook his head.

"It was an honor meeting a photographer like yourself! Call me in a few days with your answer!" He handed me a business card with his information on it.

"I will!" I smiled before walking outside. I looked around and Nate's car was nowhere. Quickly, I pulled out my phone and saw that it was 2:30. I called Jack and he said Nate was at the studio with them but he could have his friend Nash pick me up.

I waited 15 minutes before Jack's black Jeep wrangler pulled up. The window rolled down revealing a blue eyed boy. 

"You must be Blake!" He smiled and I nodded.

"You must be Nash!" I sighed as I climbed into the car.

"What's wrong? You seem upset." He looked at me and I shook my head. "Did you not get the slot thing?" 

"No, I got in." I laughed. "That's the problem actually, is that I got in! I'm supposed to go to this HUGE college in Chicago for photography but Jack wants me to go here so we are closer!" I huffed and Nash nodded.

"Well don't listen to him! Do whatever you feel is right!" He smiled and I laughed.

"I wish it was that easy!" I smiled. "We just made up after a fight that lasted a year. He came out here and I went to Connecticut to attend Yale. Let's just say all hell broke loose!" I huffed and Nash laughed.

"I know how you feel. My older brother went off to college and I moved out here. My parents were supportive but they would often fight with me because they missed me!" He smiled.

"You're lucky!" I laughed. "My parents screamed at me because they didn't approve of me going to Yale even though I got a scholarship to do a one year program!" 

"Oof! That sucks!" He laughed as we pulled into the driveway.

"Thanks for picking me up, and listening to all my problems!" I smiled and he nodded.

"Thank you for listening to all of mine!" He smiled and we both got out of the car. When we got inside Jack, Jack, Nate, Sammy, John, and a few other boys were all watching tv.

"How'd it go?" Jack smirked and I shrugged.

"It was alright..." I sighed before walking upstairs. I changed into a black Art Institute of Chicago sweatshirt, white denim shorts, and black vans. I tied my hair up in a messy ponytail and walked back downstairs while putting my phone in my back pocket. Everyone migrated outside except for Nash, Jack, and Johnson. 

"So, do you like it?" Jack smiled and I shrugged.

"Yea." I mumbled while looking at my phone.

"Is that a 'I'm just gonna say yes' or is it a legit yes?" Jack laughed and I shrugged.

"It's nothing compared to Yale and SACI!" I sighed and Jack nodded.

"So you're gonna go to Chicago?" He mumbled and I shrugged.

"I still have to talk to a few people so I'm still not sure." I felt my phone vibrating and it was my friend Derek. "I gotta take this!" I smiled and answered my phone.

"So, remember last summer when we went to that junk yard and took pictures?" He sounded proud.

"Yea?" I laughed.

"Well I was shadowing someone in the advanced class and the professor just used your photo to demonstrate how to have the perfect amount of lighting and shadows!" He screamed and my jaw dropped.

"You're lying!" I yelled and he laughed.

"No I'm not! I got a picture of it!" 

"Oh my god!" I squealed.

"I'm proud of you Ba-lakee" he laughed.

"Thanks! I gotta go but send me the picture so I can frame it and keep it for the rest of my life!" I smiled.

"You got it babe!" He laughed. "Talk to you later!" 

"Will do! I miss you and I'm gonna be back soon to get everything!" I sighed.

"We are gonna go out! Have fun!"

"Thanks babe!" I laughed and hung up. 

"Who was that?" Jack laughed. 

"Just some kid I did photography with last year!" I smiled.

"Why are you so happy?" Nash smirked.

"No big deal but the professor used my photo as an example of good lighting and shadows!" I shrugged. 

"I'm proud of you!" Jack smiled and I laughed.

"Thanks you!" I smirked.