Chapter two.

_Pennys point of view_

I was awoken in the early morning to the sound of my alarm going off. I groaned and reached for my phone and tried to adjust to the bright lighting to put the alarm on sleep mode.

I tried to imagine something more frightening than waking up to the first day of College, and I failed.

I rolled out of bed and headed towards my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and proceeded in getting ready. I put on a thin layer of foundation and a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes and the brim of my nose. I blushed on a bit of bronzer and went over my already 'perfect' eyebrows lightly.

Everyone seemed to envy my eyebrows in high school, I just hope people in college don't think they're too big nor bushy.

I stroked on my mascara and added lip balm to my chapped lips and then made my way to my wardrobe where I wore my skinny, high waisted black jeans, a plain grey top and my ankle booted Timberlands.

I put on my watch, ring and nose piercing, grabbed my phone, car keys and my MK bag along with my folders and headed on down stairs.

I heard the slight murmurs of my mum and dads conversations, vaguely hearing my mum laugh at my dads unfunny jokes he tells each morning.

"Morning love" my dad spoke, not taking his eyes off his morning newspaper as he was intrigued by something printed on it.

"Morning" I replied as I walked to cupboards and grabbed two granola bars and a bag of crisps.

"Is that all you're eating?" my mom asked with a hint of worry in her tone.

"I'm not that hungry" I responded. Before she was going to lecture me about not eating I walked towards the door and said I didn't want to be late on my first day.

We exchanged our goodbyes and with that, I was off. I unlocked my car door, slipped inside the drivers seat and buckled myself in. I started the ignition and pressed lightly on the gas and was on route to Chaplestone College.

I parked just outside the main building and walked anxiously towards the gates. Being mixed with people I don't recognise or know was slightly daunting and would need to get a little getting used to.

I scanned the school trying to look for one particular person; Jess. Moments later I found her sat on a bench alone with her bag and sunglasses on the table. I paced myself and walked towards her.

"Jess" I spoke, waving my hand at her trying to attract her attention as she was oblivious to everything around her. She didn't even realise my presence as she was dazed into her phone, per usual.

"Jess?" I laughed, she flinched and then smiled, jumping out of her seat and pulled me into a hug. Finally.

"Penny, I've been waiting ages for you" she laughed.

"Yeah, sorry, was a bit late out of the house" I replied as I sat down opposite her.

We both began to talk about how we would find each other and showed each other our time tables. We then began to laugh about our days in highschool, but she soon stopped. Her lips parted and her eyes widened. What was she looking at?

I furrowed my eyebrows at her in confusion and slowly turned around and tried to find what was distracting her. And I found it, or should I say, him.

His 6ft tall body leaning against the orange bricked walls, one of his masculine legs that is being suffocated by his tight black jeans, resting on the wall. His shiny brogues glistening in the sun, which was almost blinding. His muscly tanned arms enriched with exotic body art that has penetrated his skin. His jungle of chocolate brown curls falling perfectly down his face and his emerald green eyes looking into my brown ones, a smirk instantly forming on his plush lips as he watched me analyse every feature of his face and body.