Chapter twelve.

_Pennys point of view_

I was too shocked to greet him politely or ask him of his well being. Instead, I let the words that are isolated in my head role off my alcohol soaked tongue.

"Why don't you like me?" I ask, quieter than I had expected. He doesn't say anything. Almost like he didn't want to hear me say that. Moments later he stands up from his knees, a swift wipe to his jeans and then pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance.
"What part of 'no one comes into my room' did you not understand?" He spits harshly, I briefly remember him telling me last night that no one can come in his room. I would usually flinch at the raise of his voice, but the alcohol running through my veins are giving me more confidence than I can handle.

I ignore his rude question and any composure I have towards him shreds like confetti around him, in my head of course. I'm never drinking again. He hasn't answered my simple question and I know, no matter what amount of alcohol I endure, I don't think my already wounded ego from tonight can take the answer to my now, demanding question.

And before I can acknowledge the question that is lingering in my thoughts, I ask again. Fear of contrapment has always been an issue for me.

"Why don't you like me?" I repeat confidently and look up to his touchable face. Harry's eyes scan me as I lift myself from the bed, kicking my feet from under the blanket as my body has now been coated in a thin layer of perspiration. I attempt to stand up from the double bed, but fail awkwardly, Harry coming to the rescue and steadying my body and sits me on the edge of his rather comfy bed. I swat his large hands away from mine, just to show that I don't need him or his help, even though I do.

His terrorising glare making me look away from him.
"Why ask?" He says timidly, his eyes never leaving me.
"Because I want to know why you're being such a jerk? I have been nothing but nice to you for the past few days and here you are, trying to intimidate me, knowing full well you are. I don't expect an apology, but I deserve an explanation." I reply. I didn't even realise half of the things I was saying aloud. I gasp discreetly and feel my eyes widen as I had processed what my loud mouth has revealed. This is not like me at all.

I know I had devoured more alcohol than I should of, but I can't be mistaken when I see Harry's emotionless face show a hint of guilt and disconsolate wash over his features. His eyes softening for a split second before the two deep lines between his eyebrows reappear, his jaw visibly tightening and his eyes no longer a bright emerald colour, instead, a deep faded green, close to black, but I think that was because he was stood in the unlighted area of his bedroom. And before I had chance to examine his face a little more, he interrupts me.

"Get out." His brutal words causing me to flinch slightly. I expected an answer to my question and or maybe a long speech about my earlier lecture to him, not a dismissal. His voice is clear and crisp, not to mention alarming and demanding. His angry features and expression scares me a little. A lot. My subconscious corrects me, per usual.

"Okay." I barely say loud enough, it comes out more of a whisper. Harry places his hand on his hips, grips them tightly and exhaled loudly as he watches me get up from his bed. I instantly feel naked as I walk past his full body lengthed mirror and catch my reflection. I'm still in his jumper. I scan the room for my clothes and find it neatly folded on his desk. I walk by the door and make my way to his desk instead.

"What are you doi.." He begins, but then sees the source of my delay to leave his bedroom. I feel his eyes on me from behind, making me feel extremely uncomfortable and paranoid. I grab my clothes and toms and turn to face him, my head sticking out for a split second and a slight flick of my wrist, gesturing for him to turn around so I can undress myself, but he doesn't manage to work out what I'm trying to say with my body language.