Chapter 23

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everyone! Ik it's been like... 3+ years... but author is making a comeback! (or at least i'm trying to). I'm thinking of writing more flashbacks from when Peter and Y/N were teens.. so what fun moments would you like to see?

"I love you Peter." You whispered back. Silence surrounded the two of you for a few moments before Tony's voice echoed through the room.

"Quit the chick-flick moment and get to the conference room for a debriefing." Peter's head fell to rest on your shoulder, an exasperated sigh escaping his lips. You giggled to yourself as your husband stepped away, took your hand, and guided you to your destination.

As you and Peter made your way to the conference room, his hand intertwined with yours, you couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with emotion. The tender moment you just shared seemed to linger in the air around you, enveloping you in a warm embrace.

Entering the conference room, you found the rest of the team already gathered, with Steve at the head of the table, looking as composed as ever, despite the few scratches littering his body as a result of the brawl that just took place.

"About time you two lovebirds showed up," Tony quipped, though there was a hint of warmth in his tone. "But let's get down to business." You took a seat, and Peter decided to remain standing behind you, his arms draped over your shoulders, holding your hands in his.

"Good work handling that." Steve began to speak, his eyes flitting across everyone in the conference room until his gaze dropped on you. "Your quick thinking to get Laura and the kids out of here was good." He spoke directly to you. You smiled and gave a curt nod in response. You felt Peter rub his thumb along your hand as a sort of soothing acknowledgement. Steve's gaze then jumped to meet that of the man standing behind you.

"You as well Parker. You both." Steve gave a closed mouth smile to you both before he proceeded with the debriefing. Steve then returned to addressing the room as a whole. "We have agents currently interrogating the infiltrators, and more are trying to break into the database to figure out what their motive was."

The debriefing proceeded, with discussions about recent missions, upcoming plans, and various updates on technology and strategies. You and Peter contributed where necessary, but your minds kept drifting back to the intimate moment you shared just moments ago.

Finally, as the meeting came to a close, Tony gave a nod of approval. "Alright, that's all for now. Good work, everyone."

As the team began to disperse, Peter squeezed your hand gently, a silent reassurance that he was still there beside you. You shared a smile, feeling grateful for the love and support you found in each other amidst the chaos of your superhero lives.

Once the room emptied out, leaving just you and Peter, he pulled you into a tight embrace. "I meant every word I said earlier," he murmured against your ear. "I love you more than anything."

"I love you too, Peter," you whispered back, feeling the weight of those words anchoring you to him. With a final lingering kiss, you both reluctantly pulled away, and gazed into each other's eyes. It was silent for a few beats until you decided to speak again.

"Now can I please check on my children?" Peter laughs full heartily in response. He gazes as you with so much love and adoration, it makes your heart skip a beat.

"Yes, baby. Let's go check on our children."

With a shared chuckle, you and Peter made your way through the portal you just opened, hand in hand, your hearts lightened by the love you shared and the knowledge that your family awaited.

"Mommy! Daddy!" You heard their voices before you had even made it fully through the portal.

"Hey!" You giggle excitedly as you kneel down to greet your kids. Your son and oldest daughter ran into your arms almost immediately. M/D/N made a beeline for her father, who immediately took her into his arms and spun her around, making her giggle.

You were too busy peppering kisses all over your kids cheeks to notice Laura approaching you. She observed the scene before her, the love and joy radiating from your family filling her heart with warmth.

"They absolutely refused to do anything but just sit and wait for you both. S/N even refused a cookie as bribery to take a nap." Laura remarked, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

You gasped playfully and looked to your son, who only grinned happily, arms loosely resting on your shoulders. "You refused a cookie?! Well you must not have been tired, huh?" You ask your son animatedly.

"I missed mommy." He murmured in his soft voice. You pout, struggling not to just completely fawn over how cute your son was. You glanced up at your husband to see he had your second daughter in his arms, sitting on his hip.

"Thank you Laura. We can't thank you enough for looking after them." Peter said to the woman.

"Oh no! If anything, I owe you. If it weren't for y/n getting us out of there in the first place, I don't know what would have happened. I'm just glad you guys are okay." Laura responds. You stand up straight, taking your son into your arms, and holding your oldest daughter's hand in your own.

You exchanged a few more words with Laura before you opened a portal for her back to her home. As soon as she bid her goodbyes, and the portal closed, you found your husband wrapping an arm around you, holding you to his chest, his cheek pressing against your head.

"Let's get the kids ready for bed, baby." He murmured softly, to which you hummed.