Fight Back

Chapter 10

Fight Back

"Fight for the things that you care about but do it in a way that will lead others to join you."

-Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Bruce was pretty sure he was going to murder Harley Quinn before he could use her to get to Joker. The stun gun didn't knock her out long and he's not sure why he expected it to. She came to, and jumped out of the backseat of his moving car. He tried to track her, but it was dark and she was quick and now he was once again back to where he started.

He stood in his basement hideout, his eyes on the facial scan currently connected to the satalite over the Star City. He was just waiting for it to find the woman.

"Hey, you're out of milk." came Richard's voice as he stepped down the stairs. Bruce glanced over to see the man eating a bowl of cereal. "Still nothing?"

"What part of go back to Gotham did you not understand?" Bruce moved around the man and headed back upstairs.

"What is your problem?" Richard followed behind him. "Yeah, this is bad, but from what I can tell Harley has turned over a crazy new leaf since her and Joker broke up. I don't think this is going to be as bad as you're making it out to be."

"Right, yeah, well if Harley gets to Robins, all hell is going to break loose."

"So are you going to tell me what that is even about? How does Harley know Katie?"

"They have a past. A past I'm positive Robins does not want to revisit." Bruce sighed as he stopped and turned to Richard. "I have to talk to Felicity, let her and the team know Harley is loose on the streets of Star City."

"If you'd stop being a pain and just let me call the Titans, they can get here and find her."

"And then who will look after Gotham?" Bruce turned to the man. "Joker is still there and if he makes a move, we need a line of defense there." he glanced down to his watch. "I'll go." he looked back over to Richard. "You can go back to Gotham."

"How many more times are you going to say that before you realize it's not going to happen." Richard took a bite of cereal. "I'm here, and I will help find little miss bag of crazy. I'll come with you. Might as well let blonde's team know that Nightwing may make an appearance in their city."

Bruce looked at him for a moment and just shook his head, realizing he really wasn't going to get rid of the man.

"Fine, but if you call Felicity blonde, I will kick your ass." he placed a hand over his heart. "With love, I will beat you to within an inch of your life." Bruce turned to walk for the door.

"Hey," Richard said and Bruce glanced back to him. "Seriously, is Felicity alright?"

"She's fine." Bruce replied turning away. "Right now is just not the best time for this." he turned back to the man. "Let's go."

It honestly felt like an inquisition to Katie. She walked into a large boardroom, the council members aligned around the table as Katie took a seat at the head of the table, her hands folded in front of her. They'd been at it for nearly an hour. Asking questions she knows she answered in the previous meeting with them. But she answered them again, clearly and confidently.

"Mrs. Queen, I hope you can understand where our concern is stemming from." Councilwoman Pollard sat at the other end of the table, her eyes on Katie. "Since this project has been announced, we're realizing everyday just how massive it is. And with a project this size, the risk is even greater."