Chapter 8

It has been a week since I figured out veebha has been cheating on me and this women hasn't stopped texting me or calling me. She will try to talk to me every chance she gets and obviously I ignore her

The funny thing is I thought I'd be hurt but her presence doesn't really affect me much other than annoy me. The funnier thing is cabir is over the moon, he hasn't stopped hugging me and telling me how much he appreciates the fact that I am not with veebha anymore

"Manik" here we go again

The past 3 days, every time I have English this girl will come and talk to me

"Veebha I already told you I do not want to talk"

"Why the hell are you behaving like this huh? You trust that bitch Nandini over me"

I could feel anger hearing her words

"I don't give a fuck what you think, and for you information I believe Nandini 100 times more than you"

"Oh wow really now? You fucking hate her"

"I never hated her"

"You used to hate spending time with her and now I see you around her all the time, have you gotten the hots for my sister now?"

I chuckle at her words, of course she is going to stoop so low

"Only you would stoop this low, I wonder what I thought before I starting dating you" I say shutting my I pad

"Because you liked fucking me" she mumbles and now I was over it

"When? When was the last time I touched you?" I ask her

Her face falls a little because she knows I haven't touched her in months

"The next time you want to come to me and accuse me of dating you because I liked the physical intimacy think again because I don't remember doing anything with you int he past 4 months. I have initiated kissing you twice and the rest were you initiating it. Now since you want to talk about sex, we had sex once and we both know why we never had sex again, it was because you god damn wanted shit that I wasn't going to deliver so veebha think all this again. You will never be able to defame me but take it as a challenge"

"You know what manik fuck you, maybe you are right. You always wanted someone who is sweet, you are shit and you were never able to satisfy me anyways"

"Oh right, thats exactly why you were begging and screaming in bed. Go talk shit to someone else, and I don't give a fuck what you think. I am happy that you were able to be satisfied by another guy, maybe my body and my brain knew that you weren't mine so I didn't initiate things"

"He does make me feel good, so much better actually. You are not a man"

I almost snort laughing at her words

"Thanks veebha, I didn't know being a man meant fucking someone else's girlfriend but it's a new definition, i'll keep it in my mind. Oh just to let you know if that guy was with you knowing you are dating someone else, then be wise enough to know that he will cheat on you with someone who is dating someone else but have fun and a great life"

"Fuck you" she yells

"You did and I didn't like it so move on" I chuckle walking out of the class

What the fuck was I even thinking when I started dating her and how the fuck did I not catch any of those stupid red flags people talk about all the time?

This is shitty, the comments she makes about her cousin is shitty and if she can talk like this about her then there is something fucked up. If you aren't your family's backbone then you aren't anyone else's.

Maybe cabir has been right this whole time about my feelings for veebha, maybe I wasn't in love with her, maybe it was just friendship that we thought was more or maybe I wanted it to be more because I needed someone to talk to that wasn't my brother or parents

It's such a stupid concept, what even is love? How do I know it's love? How do I know that it isn't something physical?

My thoughts get disturbed by my phone ringing displaying Cabir's photo, making me smile. I had saved a baby picture of him eating a mango.

"Hello"

'Have you seen Nandini?" He asks

"Do I look like dora the explora?"

"Hahaha oh my god imagine if you had that wig, shit I gotta tell Nandini to buy you a wig and"

'Cabir shut the fuck up and no I have not seen that little monster"

"She is not a monster, I can't find her"

"She isn't a child that can get lost" I mumble

"She isn't int he college, I haven't seen her since I walked her to her music class"

"did you call her?" I ask

"Yeah tons of times, even dmed her on instagram and snapped her but no reply"

Thats strange because she is always on her phone taking stupid ass pictures and recording literally anything and everything. I swear she puts a camera in my face at least 3 times a day if not more

"Can you not see her location?"

"I don't have her location, Manik I haven't talked to her in hours, I don't know where she is plus she was really sad this morning"

"Why?"

"She didn't tell me but have you seen her?"

"No I haven't, mhm go attend your class, I will look for her" I tell him knowing he has his next two classes back to back

"No I need to find her"

"Cabir relax, she must be around. I will text you as soon as I find her okay?"

"But"

"Cabir I said I will so I will, now go to class or I'm kicking your ass"

"You are 2 minutes older than me okay shut up" I chuckle hearing him

'Still older, now go"

"You sure she is okay?" He asks concerned

"She is Nandini, no one can upset her, not until she wants to get upset plus she is a scary women to some" he laughs on the other end

"That's for sure, she is so talkative, she will make their ears bleed"

'Want me to tell her that once I find her"

"Hell yeah, she will think it's a compliment"

"Chup kar, go attend your classes"

"Bye, text me right away once you find her"

"Will do, bye" I cut the call

The first I do is search for her name in my phone, I couldn't help smile at the nickname I have for her with her picture.

'LITTLE MONSTER'

The phone rings a few times but no one picks up, I called her 3 time but there was no answer and that's very unusual so I walk to her last class.

Yeah I know exactly where her classes are and at what time because her schedule is posted on the fridge, my room, and Cabir's room along with the tow of ours. Mumma really does treat her like one of us, it's different becasue I don't think I have ever seen mumma behave like that with someone

She is gentle with Nandini and she pampers like a baby, she will make her yummy food of her choice, she gets her treats and even lets her pluck flowers and one thing about my mum is she loves her flowers.

I walked by Nandini's classes and found it empty so I walk to the library because this nerd is usually found there but the library was closed.

When I walked by the basketball court I heard sniffles which I didn't care about but something in me told me to open that gym door and walk inside so I did and it was empty but the sniffles continued so I follow the sniffles.

There she was, sitting in the corner knees drawn into her chest, arms around her legs, her head rested on her knee