Travelling

The next day I headed to Sanctuary Hills to speak to Preston about helping the Minutemen. I had made my decision, I was going to go through with it. Dogmeat trotted next to me as we went over the bridge. It was clear skies today besides the minor clouds and wind gusts. At least it was warm, the sun was nice and it wasn't blistering hot.

As we crossed the bridge, Preston was coming towards me with the laser musket in his hands. He must of been patrolling for awhile, when he saw me he smiled and sped up to meet me at the end of the bridge.

"Morning, have you thought about it?"

"Straight to the point eh?" I joked chuckling. "Yeah I have."

"And? Will you lend me a hand?" Preston was a little pushy about it but I could understand why. The world has been in disarray for so long, why not do something about it.

"Yeah, You said Tenpines Bluff right?" I brought up my pipboy. "Can you mark it?"

"Yeah it's here." He worked the controls and did a waypoint marker in my map tab. "They said they were having raider troubles."

"Shouldn't be too hard. Gristle had a key on him that was from somewhere. I wonder if it's connected."

"Maybe." He furrowed his brow and thought for a moment. "Corvega."

"The old assembly plant?" Curious about why an old assembly plant was being used. "Why would raiders be there?"

"I do not know. It's not a farcry to say its a coincidence. Lexington is close to Tenpines." He sighed and set the butt of his gun on the ground, leaning against it. "See what you can do to help, and I'll see you soon."

"Alright Garvey, see you soon." I patted my thigh as Dogmeat barked and followed the map as we went East. The trees around us were dead but some tried to grow back green leaves for the summer. It provided a cool spot to stand in from the sun every once inawhile.

The terrain was hell to treck, and every once inawhile there was a bloatfly or mutant hound. As we made it over a hill, Dogmeat alerted me by growling. His hackles raised on his shoulders as he stared at a camp ahead. Two men sat there with a dog that looked armored. Kneeling down where I was, my eyes eyed their weapons. Basic pipe pistols..

Easy...

I had left my power armor at the base so I could move quieter. Loading my rifle, I aimed through my scope and tagged one of them wearing a sack hood. My finger pressed the trigger as my gun went off.

BANG!

The other raider sprang up and yelled, not knowing where it came from as his buddy was bleeding on the ground. The dog barked and started running towards me. Dogmeat reacted and jumped up tackling the ugly mutt to the ground.

"Good boy!" Swinging my rifle back up, I aimed at the charging raider and pressed the trigger.

BANG!

A shot rang out as they collapsed and were bleeding everywhere. Luck was on my side today as I stood up. Dogmeat was still wrestling the other beast. Dropping my gun quickly, I pulled my knife and threw it. It plunged through the side of the mutt as it yelped and fell over squirming. Dogmeat latched his jaw around the exposed neck and there was a loud POP! As he broke its neck.

"You've got some strength in that jaw of yours Dog." Chuckling at him, I retrieved my knife and wiped the blood off using my pant leg. Adrenaline coursed through my veins and it took me a moment to calm down. "That was close...let's see what they left for us."

There was a blue lunchbox laying next to the fire as it sputtered out. White smoke seeped from the charred wood as I knelt down next to it. Opening the lunchbox, I noticed come cooked meat and a Nuka Cola inside.