Regret is Regret

The last thing I remembered was stumbling out of the Third Rail with MacCready and we headed for Hotel Rexford. It was all a blur after but when I woke up, it was clear what happened. MacCready was passed out on the bed next to me, his bare chest glowed in the sun. He was quite handsome as he slept, so I was surprised that nothing happened. My head was pounding and the light stung as well...

Breathing a sigh, my eyes went to the weapons on the floor. We must of took them off then passed out. Scooting to the edge of the bed, I got up and rummaged through my bag grabbing some water. A groan sounded behind me as he shifted and blinked slowly.

"Mornin.." He yawned and stretched, then looked at himself, then me and his eyes widened. "Did we?"

"I don't think so." Giggling, I handed the water over and he took it gratefully, taking a few gulps. Wiping his mouth with his hand, he got up and set the can down on a table looking for his shirt.

"Well good...that would of been a bad first impression. I guess we were smashed." He chuckled and rubbed his face. "Where's my...?"

My hand gripped his shirt and he smiled as I tossed it at his face. It landed and an "Oof!" Escaped him. Last night was slowly coming back to me...I had gotten drunk and spilled my life story to him...how alone I felt...what happened...MacCready didn't leave my side as I slept, it was completely platonic.

"Uhm...MacCready?" Glancing over at the mercenary, he sat down next to me after slipping his shirt on.

"Yeah?" He said grinning. He looked a little tense and awkward. Like he hadn't slept next to a girl in ages.

"Thanks...for not leaving me by myself..." Fidgeting with my nails, he put a hand on my shoulder and nodded.

"Of course.." Clearing his throat, there was a knock at the door and we both raised a brow at it. "Who the hell...?"

"I... don't know." My brows knitted together and I looked around for my jumpsuit. It was hanging on a chair, where I apparently left it. MacCready opened the door and he sighed.

"I'm looking for Initiate Ceslay Reeds. People outside said she was with a mercenary in this room, is she here?" That voice.... MacCready tilted his head to the side and scowled.

"Whose asking?"

"Knight Rhys, We need her at the compound."

Getting my jumpsuit on, I zipped up and headed for the door opening it wide. Rhys nodded to me and I frowned. His eyes flickered to MacCready, then back over to me.

"Ces?" Mac looked at me and I hugged him softly.

"I'll see you later, thanks again.." Pressing a kiss to his cheek, he blushed and watched me grab my pack. Patting my thigh, Dogmeat ruffed following me out the door.

Knight Rhys was right behind me and when the door shut, he shoved me aside and scowled hard.

"Who the fuck was that?" He growled.

"A friend, no, nothing happened. Now what are you doing here?" My question got his attention and he frowned.

"Paladin Danse sent me...he couldn't...come himself." His expression changed and he frowned. "He was injured, Ceslay..and taken to the Prydwen."

"What?" Blinking, fear hit me. "Is he alright?"

"He will be fine, he's a strong soldier." He said. "A behemoth came through Cambridge and we engaged it..Haylen is suffering from minor wounds, five recruits are dead and Danse is in critical condition. They air-lifted him to the airport."

"I....fuck." Tears stung my eyes and I took a deep, shaky breath. "We aren't going to Cambridge...are we?"

"No, we are heading to the Prydwen." Knight Rhys grabbed my wrist and pulled me along as we headed out of Goodneighbor. People stared and Rhys kept his eyes forward. "Keep up, initiate!"