Rainy Day

Haley's Two Hearts Event
Notes at the end of the fic, hope you like this chapter as it's quite long!

----------------------------------------------🌻

A few more days passed after the Luau, everything remained the same, except that now Haley saw the farmer more often because lately she came to say hello to Emily at her house, sometimes bringing gifts to both of them.

It didn't bother her, but sometimes she would arrive so early in the morning that their chatter in the other room would wake her up, making her cranky, although she wasn't sure why it was most likely because she was being awakened from her sleep with their laughs and the sing of the parrot in her sister's room.

It was raining outside, the weather was perfect for spending the whole day in bed. Maybe she would make herself a fruit tea and read a magazine. Surely the farmer would not come today so she would spend the morning in peace.

She got up lazily in her pajamas to head to the kitchen, where Emily was sitting, Haley waved to her before putting the teapot on the stove. It looked like her sister had just finished breakfast, she invited her over to try the leek casserole she had made earlier but she didn't feel like it at all.

Emily was telling her that she was going to Pierre's before work and asked if she needed anything, Haley declined as she reached for the box of tea and put the teabag in her favorite pink cup.

Her older sister grabbed her shopping bag and umbrella but as she was about to leave she reminded Haley to clean under the couch cushions today.

This annoyed Haley who was looking for some cookies to go with her tea.

-Urrrrgh! I always clean under the couch cushions, it's YOUR turn to do it this week!

Haley complained, putting both hands on the sides of her hips.
Emily set aside her umbrella again, sighing.

-You're being childish, Haley. I do most of the work in this house and you know it.

Haley was about to open her mouth to continue arguing but her words were interrupted by the farmer who turned the doorknob, stepping inside and taking off her hat as it was soaking wet.

The farmer looked at both of them apologizing for getting the floor wet, saying that the weather is horrible out there but stopped when her gaze fell on both of them, suddenly feeling the tension in the room.

- Sorry I am interrupting something?... I can come back later..

The farmer said nervously.

-Oh, It's the farm girl.

-She has a name, you know.

Not knowing quite what to say, the farmer approached them and asked what was going on.

- _____, I bet you you'll understand my point of view here.

Emily sighed again. - ... I am really sorry to involve you in this, ____. Haley is complaining because I asked her to clean under the cushions.

The farmer nodded, but was interrupted by Haley.

- It's only because I cleaned them last week!

Maybe she was being childish, maybe it was because she was in her pj's but Haley felt embarrassed. One part in her mind was telling her to clam down, but she couldn't, maybe it was because the farmer girl was there watching all of this but her cheeks started to feel more and more red.

-Uhm...Haley, why not have this be your only weekly job?

They both turned to look at the farmer; by the look on Emily's face she seemed to liked the idea, so her sister and the farmer were now looking at her waiting for her response.

Haley crossed her arms, turning away, but ultimately sighing as she nodded in a calmer tone.

- ... Alright, you win. I guess this can be my job every week. Then there won't be any reason to argue over it.

Everyone seemed happy with this.